Gamera War of the Monsters (aka "Gamera vs. Barugon")
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 Alpha DVDs for $39.90
- War of The Monsters - 11" x 17" Poster ~ $9.98 (Save 33%)
- Special Effects by Noriaki Yuasa and Kazufumi Fujii
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 29 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: July 15, 2003
- Originally Released: 1966
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Kojiro Hongo & Kyoko Enami|
|Directed by||Shigeo Tanaka|
|Music by||Chuji Kinoshita|
|Produced by||Masaichi Nagata|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 46 ratings.
Gamera is in his first sequel, and what a sequal it is! Three men, one a crook, take an opal which eventually hatches into BAROGON! Meanwhile Gamera returns and both wreck havoc before fighting twice, the first time with Gamera loosing, the second time with Barogon losing. This is a great film, despite low-budet, and is worth buying.
I'm a huge fan of the 90's trilogy and have become a fan of the early movies as well. I originally didn't like this movie, but I watched it again and I loved it. This is definitely one of the best Showa Gamera films. This had nothing to do with children saving the day like the later movies would become. No kid in sight through the entire movie. This movie was amazing, some of the best fight scenes I have seen between Gamera and Barugon, and also some of the best fights scenes I have seen on a kaiju movie between the good and bad humans. Barugon's name is a rip off of Toho's Baragon, but the monster itself is original and amazing. This and the first movie Gamera the Invincible is definitely the two movies to watch if you're new to the Showa Gamera world.
I'd have to say, that aside from the newest of the Gamera flicks, "War of the Monsters" (Gamera vs. Barugon) would have to be my favorite. I like the film because it really doesn't portray Gamera as the "Friend to all Children" that the following titles do (Gamera vs. Viras, Gamera vs. Gyaos, Gamera vs. Guiron, Gamera vs. Jiger and Gamera vs. Zigra), and that to me is a big plus. Instead, Gamera is portrayed more like he's a natural disaster in my opinon, and the monstrous Barugon is another beasty that happens to be in the way.... The film starts off with the discovery of an enormous "Opal", that is brought back to Japan (Kobe to be exact). Soon, after being exposed to infrared beams the opal hatches, thus released Barugon, the unstoppable monster of myth and fabel (also the first of many Gamera foes)... Chaos and horror follow, and soon the two Behemoths meet in an all-out battle to the death... Who will win??? Find out in the final battle of "War of the Monsters".....
THIS IS A GOOD MOVIE OF YOU LIKE GAMMERA THE CORRECT TITLE IS GAMMERA VS BEARAGON, THIS HAS A GOOD STORY AND OVER ALL FUN, KIND OF LIKE THE MOVIE GODZILLA VS THE THING, DIFFERENT MONSTER ALMOST SAME STORY.
- Sales Rank: 17,757
- UPC: 089218418692
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Science-Fiction / Fantasy Movie Categories:
12 Monkeys (Blu-ray) ~
$10.83 Super Savings
12 Monkeys (Special Edition) (DVD) ~
$10.83 Super Savings
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (DVD) ~
$9.79 Super Savings
2001: A Space Odyssey (Blu-ray, Special Edition) ~
$7.67 Super Savings
2001: A Space Odyssey (Special Edition) (2-DVD) ~
$21.88 Super Savings
- 26 Men - Volumes 1-3 (3-DVD) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- $50,000 Reward (Silent) (with Bonus Short, "Then Came The Yawn") (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 7 Sins of The Vampire (2002) / Devilish Desire of Dario Dragani (2012) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 70s Grindhouse Black Exploitation: TNT Jackson (1979) / The Black Godfather (1974) / Black Cobra (1981) / Black Cobra 2 (1990) / Black Cobra 3: The Manila Connection (1990) / The Black Gestapo (1975) / The Black Six (1974) (3-DVD) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- Abilene Town (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
© 2017 OLDIES.com and its affiliates and partner companies. All rights reserved.