Hank Williams Jr. Major Moves: Original Classic Hits, Volume 11
|You Save:||$0.73 (5% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: October 6, 1998
- Originally Released: 1998
- Label: Curb Mod Afw
- 1.All My Rowdy Friends Are Coming over Tonight
- 3.Video Blues
- 4.Major Moves
- 5.Blues Medley: My Starter Won't Start This Morning / Hold Up Your Head: My Starter Won't Start This Morning / Hold Up Your Head / One Kind Favor / Trouble In Mind
- 6.Mr. Lincoln
- 7.Country Relaxin'
- 8.Attitude Adjustment
- 9.Knoxville Courthouse Blues
- 10.Wild and Blue
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
This is part of Curb's Bocephus series.
Personnel: Hank Williams, Jr. (vocals, guitar, electric guitar, dobro, recorder, keyboards); Ray Charles (vocals, piano, electric piano); John Lee Hooker, Steve Tillisch (vocals); Wayne Turner, Lamar Morris, Billy Joe Walker (guitar, acoustic guitar, electric guitar); Randy Scruggs (guitar, acoustic guitar, dobro); Kenny Mims, Ray Edenton (guitar, acoustic guitar); Reggie Young (guitar, electric guitar); Dickey Betts (guitar, slide guitar); Kenny Mimms (acoustic guitar); Eddie Long, Cowboy Eddie Long (steel guitar); Mark Casstevens (banjo, tenor banjo); Bobby Thompson (banjo); Gove Scrivenor (autoharp); Vernon Derrick (mandolin, violin, fiddle); Herbert Hester (violin, fiddle); Terry McMillan (harmonica); Bessyl Duhon (concertina); Jimmy Bowen (recorder); Jerry McKinney (clarinet, soprano saxophone, tenor saxophone, wind); Terry Mead (trumpet, horns); Irving Kane (trombone); John Jarvis (keyboards); Farrell Morris (marimba, maracas, percussion); Matt Betton (drums); James Stroud (percussion).
Audio Mixers: David Hassinger ; Ron Treat.
Recording information: Eureka Teleproductions, CA; RPM Studio California; RPM Studio, CA; RPM Stuido, CA; Sound Stage Studios, Nashville, TN.
Photographer: Jim Shea.
MAJOR MOVES is one of Hank Williams, Jr.'s rowdiest, and most proudly politically incorrect albums. The centerpiece is "The Blues Medley," a montage of three Lightning Hopkins classics featuring guest performances by Ray Charles on piano, John Lee Hooker on vocals, and the Allman Brothers' Dickie Betts on slide guitar.
Other highlights include "Attitude Adjustment," in which Hank regales listeners with stories about taking out a hated brother-in-law with a tire iron, and hitting his girlfriend in the head. "Mr. Lincoln" is a conversation with the Great Emancipator, inspired by headlines in the Nashville newspapers, in which Hank assures us that Honest Abe would have been opposed to gun control, while "Video Blues," finds Hank taken aback by then-new VCR technology and XXX-rated movies.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 8 ratings.
Based on 8 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Freddy Fender Before The Next Teardrop Falls (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Get Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Charlie Rich Early Years / The Memphis Sound (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock (10-CD Set) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists KFRC 99.7FM - Motown, Soul & Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N Roll (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Summer Hits: 47-Song Collection (3-CD) ~ $8.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WJMK 104.3 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 60s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE