- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 36 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 2, 2012
- Originally Released: 1984
- Label: Starz / Anchor Bay
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Subtitles - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Variety - 02/08/1984
"...Lavishly mounted and astutely cast....Albert Brenner's rich production design aides greatly in creating the rarified atmosphere..."
When an orchestra conductor, played by Dudley Moore, suspects his wife of having an affair, he jealously plots to murder her. A fairly funny remake of the Preston Sturges film of the same name.
Dudley Moore stars in this remake of the 1948 Preston Sturges classic.
Moore plays Claude Eastman, a world renowned conductor who becomes consumed with jealousy at the thought of his young, beautiful wife having an affair with virtuoso violinist Max Stein. And even though Claude is not totally certain whether or not he's being cuckolded, he nevertheless concocts an elaborate scheme to murder his "cheating" wife and her alleged lover. What works dashingly in fantasy, however, is not so easy to carry out, as every attempt to act upon his deadly plot becomes an exercise in hilarity.
- Released theatrically in the USA February 10, 1984.
- Color by DeLuxe.
- Remake of director Preston Sturges' "Unfaithfully Yours" (1948).