- All "ZSM" coded CDs are in new and never-played condition. Most are sealed. However, product may have manufacturer's delete notch, drill hole, prior sale stickers, or worn or missing OUTER wrap.
- Released: January 19, 1993
- Originally Released: 1993
- Label: GRP Records
Down Beat - 3/93, p.383.5 Stars
- Good Plus - "...the good doctor does his neatly swinging trio thing exactly as usual here...For those seeking eloquence and comfort in the jazz mainstream, this album is it..."
- 1.I'll Remember April
- 2.'Round Midnight
- 3.Line for Lyons
- 4.Cubano Chant
- 5.Lush Life
- 6.Who Can I Turn To?
- 7.Laurentide Waltz
- 8.You're Mine
- 9.Just the Thought of You
- 10.Rico Apollo
Personnel: Billy Taylor (piano); Gerry Mulligan (baritone saxophone); Victor Gaskin (bass); Bobby Thomas (drums).
Recorded at Master Sound, New York, New York. Includes liner notes by Arnold Jay Smith.
Personnel: Billy Taylor (piano); Gerry Mulligan (baritone saxophone); Bobby Thomas (drums).
Liner Note Author: Arnold Jay Smith.
Recording information: Master Sound, New York, NY.
Photographer: Carol Weinberg.
For Billy Taylor's GRP release, his longtime trio with bassist Victor Gaskin and drummer Bobby Thomas is joined by baritonist Gerry Mulligan on three of the ten numbers (including "Line for Lyons"). The first five selections are jazz standards (best are "I'll Remember April," "Line for Lyons" and "Cubano Chant") while the last five include two Taylor originals, the ballad "Who Can I Turn To," Oscar Peterson's obscure "Laurentide Waltz" and Mulligan's "Rico Apollo" which is surprisingly performed without the composer. Excellent music. ~ Scott Yanow