The Three Stooges Merry Mavericks / Cactus Makes Perfect
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$11.22 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$3.77 (25% Off)|
- Audio: English, Spanish, Portuguese
- Subtitles: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese
- Rated: Not Rated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 39 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: May 22, 2001
- Originally Released: 1942
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Mono - English
- Mono - Portuguese
- Mono - Spanish
- Interactive Features:
- Episode Selections
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||The Three Stooges, Moe Howard, Larry Fine, Curly Howard & Shemp Howard|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Cactus Makes Perfect (1942): When Curly's invention - a gold finder - is deemed "incomprehensible and utterly impractical," the Stooges think it means they're sitting on a gold mine, and go west to find one and rake in their fortunes.
Out West (1947): The Stooges get a leg up on some bad dudes when they head west for a therapeutic vacation to heal the bad vein in Shemp's leg. But when they mosey into a saloon, they stumble into the middle of a love triangle between a dirty dealer, a saloon waitress and her boyfriend, known as the Arizona Kid.
Vagabond Loafers (1949): Who's the biggest drip: Larry, Shemp or Moe? It's hard to say, but when the Stooges' plumbing company is hired to fix a leak in a mansion, they turn the slippery circumstances to their advantage and foil a pair of art thieves who've stolen a $50,000 painting.
Dopey Dicks (1950): The Stooges almost lose their heads - literally - when they rescue the dame they met while cleaning a private detective's office, who has been kidnapped by a mad professor seeking human brains for transplantation.
Punchy Cowpunchers (1950): Being a Stooge isn't all it's cracked up to be. A commanding officer sends Moe, Larry and Shemp on a mission to confront merciless outlaws The Dillon Gang. But when Shemp hides in the safe that they're about to crack open, it's the Dillons who wind up begging for mercy.
Merry Mavericks (1951): This reworking of Phony Express features a few new plot twists and just as many laughs. It looks like the Stooges are going to lose their battle with bank bandit Red Morgan and his thugs, until Shemp dons a headless Indian costume that knocks them senseless.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Top ranking titles in the Comedy genre:
- Blondes and Redheads: Lost Comedy Classics, Volume 2 (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Ultra-Rare Pre-Code Comedies, Volume 3 (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Ultra-Rare Pre-Code Comedies, Volume 2 (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Ultra-Rare Pre-Code Comedies (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Rediscovered Comedies of Edgar Kennedy, Volume 4 (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE