Voyage To The Prehistoric Planet
|CYBER SALE:||$5.95 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
- This Island Earth ~ $9.27
- Voyage To The Planet of Prehistoric Women ~ $5.95
- Voyage To The Prehistoric Planet - 11" x 17" Poster ~ $7.98
Available in a set:
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 17 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 20, 2003
- Originally Released: 1965
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Basil Rathbone & Faith Domergue|
|Featured:||Marc Shannon & Christopher Brand|
|Directed by||John Sebastian & Curtis Harrington|
|Produced by||George Edwards|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Voyage To The Prehistoric Planet paired landmark special effects and action sequences acquired from the Soviet science fiction film Planeta Burg with dramatic performances from Basil Rathbone and Faith Domergue. Director Curtis Harrington is credited as John Sebastian. Production Manager Gary Kurtz went on to produce Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back and The Dark Crystal.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 45 ratings.
This movie is your classic "go to another planet and find monsters" film. No more, no less. Although the atmosphere was generally a little bleary and low-key for my tastes, I liked it. The alien monsters were savage and prehistoric, but didn't conform to traditional dinosaurs so much that they didn't look alien. The haunting music/voice could have been played up a little more, but maybe it's best that it was left with a tantalizingly mysterious ending.
This movie delivered what I expected of it, no more, no less. The monsters were decent in quantity and quality, the pterosaur sculpture intriguing, and the unearthly singing voice was quite interesting. I wish the plot had allowed for more exploration of that, and I wonder what part those things played in the original russian film.
Most of the scenes of this film are from a movie called Planeta Burr, a Russian film purchased by Roger Corman for a few rubles. The scenes with Basil are spliced in and the original Russian script re-written to make the action fit a new plot line. The original Russian version (which cannot be found anywhere) involves only two groups of Cosmonauts exploring Venus searching for Marza.
The same scenes are incorporated into "Voyage To The Planet of Prehistoric Women" wherein the name of Marza becomes the name of Earth based mission control.
- Sales Rank: 7,581
- UPC: 089218417190
- Shipping Weight: 0.27/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- 2Pac Tupac - Live at the House of Blues (Blu-ray) ~ $15.96 CYBER SALE
- 2Pac Tupac - Complete Live Performances (2-DVD) ~ $15.96 CYBER SALE
- 50 Cent Behind-the-Scenes Footage and Music Videos (DVD) ~ $2.98 CYBER SALE
- 50 Cent Refuse 2 Die: The Unauthorized Biography (DVD) ~ $4.98 CYBER SALE
- 50 Cent Shoot First (DVD) ~ $4.98 CYBER SALE
Science-Fiction / Fantasy Movie Categories:
- 12 Monkeys (Blu-ray) ~ $10.83 CYBER SALE
- 12 Monkeys (Special Edition) (DVD) ~ $6.41 CYBER SALE
- 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (Special Edition) (DVD) ~ $10.13 CYBER SALE
- 2001: A Space Odyssey (Blu-ray, Special Edition) ~ $8.34 CYBER SALE
- 2001: A Space Odyssey (Special Edition) (2-DVD) ~ $21.63 CYBER SALE