- Released: October 9, 2012
- Label: Capitol
- 1.Little Deuce Coupe [Mono]
- 2.Ballad of Ole' Betsy [Mono]
- 3.Be True to Your School [Mono]
- 4.Car Crazy Cutie [Mono]
- 5.Cherry, Cherry Coupe [Mono]
- 6.409 [Mono]
- 7.Shut Down [Mono]
- 8.Spirit of America [Mono]
- 9.Our Car Club [Mono]
- 10.No-Go Showboat [Mono]
- 11.A Young Man Is Gone [Mono]
- 12.Custom Machine [Mono]
- 13.Little Deuce Coupe [Stereo]
- 14.Ballad of Ole' Betsy [Stereo]
- 15.Be True to Your School [Stereo]
- 16.Car Crazy Cutie [Stereo]
- 17.Cherry, Cherry Coupe [Stereo]
- 18.409 [2012 Stereo Extraction Mix] - (remix)
- 19.Shut Down [Stereo]
- 20.Spirit of America [Stereo]
- 21.Our Car Club [Stereo]
- 22.No-Go Showboat [Stereo]
- 23.Young Man Is Gone [2012 Stereo Extraction Mix], A - (remix)
- 24.Custom Machine [Stereo]
Beach Boys: Mike Love, Carl Wilson, Alan Jardine, Brian Wilson, Dennis Wislon (vocals).
Arranger: Brian Wilson .
The Beach Boys' LITTLE DEUCE COUPE is arguably the first rock & roll concept album. Combining car songs from their previous three albums with several new car-related numbers, this album celebrates the simple joys of being a teenage automobile owner. Despite the inherent limitations of the car concept, this album suggested that there might be more to the clean-cut Californian quartet than Chuck Berry-inspired rave-ups about driving and surfing.
The hit singles "Little Deuce Coupe" and "Be True To Your School" showed that leader Brian Wilson was becoming a remarkably sophisticated producer, songwriter and arranger. While Wilson was not yet a profound lyricist, he had mastered the art of vocal arrangements, as shown by the spectacular five-part harmonies on "Spirit of America" and "A Young Man Is Gone," their touching tribute to James Dean. Although it would be a few years before The Beach Boys truly hit their stride, LITTLE DEUCE COUPE is a fun, unpretentious album and a wonderful evocation of a California summer circa 1964.