A Sampler of Decca Jazz (1927-1949)
by Various Artists
Rare & Hard-To-Find Audio CDs (series)
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
sku: ZSM 2602
- All "ZSM" coded CDs are in new and never-played condition. Most are sealed. However, product may have manufacturer's delete notch, drill hole, prior sale stickers, or worn or missing OUTER wrap.
- Released: January 16, 1990
- Originally Released: 1990
- Label: MCA Records
- 1.One O'Clock Jump - Count Basie
- 2.Black and Tan Fantasy - Duke Ellington
- 3.When the Saints Go Marching In - Louis Armstrong
- 4.Get Happy - Art Tatum
- 5.Melancholy - Johnny Dodds
- 6.Lover Man - Billie Holiday
- 7.Woodchopper's Ball - Woody Herman
- 8.I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles - Charlie Ventura
- 9.Perdido Street Blues - Louis Armstrong
- 10.Boogie Woogie - Count Basie
- 11.The Mooche - Duke Ellington
- 12.Stardust - Lionel Hampton
- 13.If I Had You - Charlie Ventura
- 14.Don't Explain - Billie Holiday
- 15.(Back Home Again In) Indiana - Art Tatum
- 16.Come on and See Me - Johnny Dodds
Personnel: Louis Armstrong (vocals, trumpet, cornet); Roy Kral (vocals, piano); Jackie Cain, Jimmy Rushing, Billie Holiday (vocals); Specs Powell (guitar, drums); Freddie Green, Hy White, Lee Blair, Tiny Grimes, Barney Kessel, Bernard Addison, Carl Kress, Johnny Blowers (guitar); Fred Guy, Bud Scott (banjo); Sidney Bechet (clarinet, soprano saxophone); Herschel Evans, Lester Young (clarinet, tenor saxophone); Johnny Dodds, Woody Herman (clarinet); Barney Bigard (reeds, tenor saxophone); Rupert Cole, Bingie Madison, Harry Carney, Henry Holmes, Johnny Hodges, Otto Hardwick (reeds); Jack Washington (alto saxophone, baritone saxophone); Boots Mussulli, Ray Hopfner, Earle Warren, Caughey Roberts, Jack Cressey, Willie Smith, Bill Stegmeyer, Hymie Schertzer (alto saxophone); Charlie Ventura (tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone); Paul Ricci, Corky Corcoran, Larry Binyon, Pete Johns, Saxie Mansfield, Armand Camgros, Hank Ross (tenor saxophone); Stanley Webb (baritone saxophone); Clarence Willard, Edward Lewis, Bob Moore , Mac Macquordale, Steady Nelson, Russ Case, Arthur Whetsol, Shelton Hemphill, Louis Metcalf, Bubber Miley, Buck Clayton, Charlie Shavers (trumpet); George Mitchell, Natty Dominique (cornet); Joe Bishop (flugelhorn); Roy Palmer, John Thomas , Neal Reid, J.C. Higginbotham, George Hunt, Joe "Tricky Sam" Nanton, Bennie Green , Dan Minor, Claude Jones (trombone); Mark Shaw (tuba); Count Basie, Charlie Alexander , Duke Ellington, Tommy Linehan, Dave Bowman , Luis Russell, Sammy Benskin, Art Tatum, Tommy Todd, Earl Hines (piano); Lionel Hampton (vibraphone); Frank Carlson, Jo Jones , Lee Young, Paul Barbarin, Sonny Greer, Baby Dodds, Zutty Singleton, Ed Shaughnessy (drums).
Liner Note Author: Stanley Crouch.
Recording information: 1927-1949.
Unknown Contributor Role: Andy McKaie.
Arrangers: Luis Russell; Tutti Camarata; Buster Smith .
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Camp Meeting / Soul of The Gospel Harmonettes (CD) TOP 10 Bestseller
$1.98 on SALE
How Hi The Fi (featuring Woody Herman) / Jumpin' At The... (CD) TOP 100 Bestseller
99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists WDAS 105.3FM - Classic Soul Hits, Volume 1 (2-CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WDAS 105.3FM - Classic Soul Hits, Volume 4 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Skeeter Davis Blueberry Hill / The End of The World (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE