House On Haunted Hill
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 Alpha DVDs for $39.90
More products that might interest you:
Available in a set:
- Rated: Unrated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 15 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: March 18, 2003
- Originally Released: 1958
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Performer:||Julie Mitchum, Howard Hoffman, Carol Ohmart, Alan Marshal, Richard Long, Carolyn Craig, Elisha Cook, Jr. & Leona Anderson|
|Directed by||William Castle|
|Edited by||Roy V. Livingston|
|Screenwriting by||Robb White|
|Composition by||Von Dexter|
|Produced by||William Castle|
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"You mean there's two heads just floating around here'"--Lance Schroeder (Richard Long)
"You can hear them at night; they whisper to each other."
Description by OLDIES.com:
- A 1999 remake of this film starred Geoffrey Rush and Famke Janssen.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 214 ratings.
I saw this movie as a kid in the theater. I enjoyed it then, had seen it several times on TV, bought the DVD and still enjoy it. It's not as vicious as the remake, but that's what makes it so great--it's pure 1950s-like horror and that just can't be beat.
This is without a doubt a classic. I'm amazed that this thing hasn't been jacked up into the 15s or 20s. This is an ideal house horror mystery. We have all sorts of paranormal plot points, the chandellier falling, the flickering lights, the haggered specter, the head, all wonderfully horrible.
There are a few week points. The narratives are kinda corny, and some characters just don't seem to contribute. The drunk mainly murmurs about ghosts without doing anything for the plot, and after the old lady is "marked" she seems to have little or no stage action whatsoever.
People could act then, and did. The faces, the face of timid dumb horror, and most of all the perfect screams, high, trilling, not shouts but real screams.
In the end, I wonder
Are the ghosts actually real? Who planned the chandellier falling? What about the light flickers? How much does the drunk know of what he's talking about?
THIS IS A GREAT VINCENT PRICE MOVIE, BUT I HAVE YET TO SEE ANY BADS VINCENT PRICE FLICKS! BY FAR THE BEST HAUNTED HOUSE MOVIE OF ALL TIME!! IF YOU HAVE NOT YET SEEN IT YOU HAVE BEEN MISSING OUT. THE SPECIAL EFFECTS ARE NOT 21ST CENTUARY, BUT I FEEL THAT ADDS TO THE MOVIE!
This is the best version of 'House On Haunted Hill' released on DVD, and for $6 you can't go wrong! Excellent!
From the opening shot, this film took off as sort of a more humorous horror flick. Although it wasn't the filmaker's intent, the movie's stange, unique style of story-telling made me laugh through many of what were meant to be the more scarier scenes. Other viewers that may be more easily jittered may find the movie more fear envoking, though. Either way you view this timeless classic, "House on Haunted Hill" gives off pure entertainment from its specifically Vincent Price mystique.
this film offers the viewer a good horror flick, that is clean and safe for the whole family to watch. i give it two thumbs up.
A good cast, good direction, a story of betrayal, murder and revenge...what more can one ask for, besides Vincent Price? This movie is well-paced, has a few scary moments and is just plain fun. Make a couple of bowls of popcorn and turn out the lights! Alpha Video's DVD version is crisp and clear (in living black and white,just like the original!)and makes for a good viewing experience.
- Sales Rank: 6,350
- UPC: 089218413895
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- 26 Men - Volumes 1-3 (3-DVD) (DVD-R) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- $50,000 Reward (Silent) (with Bonus Short, "Then Came The Yawn") (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 7 Sins of The Vampire (2002) / Devilish Desire of Dario Dragani (2012) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 70s Grindhouse Black Exploitation: TNT Jackson (1979) / The Black Godfather (1974) / Black Cobra (1981) / Black Cobra 2 (1990) / Black Cobra 3: The Manila Connection (1990) / The Black Gestapo (1975) / The Black Six (1974) (3-DVD) (DVD-R) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- Abilene Town (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
Alpha Video Labels:
- Ace of Clubs (1925) / Another Man's Boots (1922) (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces and Eights (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces Wild / Wild Mustang (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Art Acord Double Feature: Fighters of the Saddle (Silent) / Pursued (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Across the Plains (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE