As I Lay Dying Decas
16 copies available
|You Save:||$1.20 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: November 7, 2011
- Label: Metal Blade
Alternative Press - p.1183 stars out of 5 -- "Of the originals, 'From Shapeless To Breakable' makes the biggest impact because of its sheer viciousness..."
- 2.From Shapeless to Breakable
- 3.Moving Forward
- 4.War Ensemble
- 6.Electric Eye
- 7.Coffee Mug
- 8.Beneath the Encasing [Re-Recorded Medley]
- 9.The Blinding of False Light [Innerpartysystem Remix]
- 10.Wrath Upon Ourselves [Benjamin Weinman Remix]
- 11.Confined [Kelly "Carnage" Cairns Remix]
- 12.Elegy [Big Chocolate Remix]
Personnel: Josh Gilbert , Tim Lambesis (vocals); Phil Sgrosso, Nick Hipa (guitar); Jordan Mancino (drums).
Recording information: Lambesis Studios, San Diego, CA; Signature Sound, San Diego, CA.
Celebrating ten years of crushing metalcore, As I Lay Dying's Decas is a fan-service grab bag of new tracks, remixes, and covers that seeks to show fans not only where the band is going, but where it came from. Covering songs from Slayer, Judas Priest, and, somewhat improbably, the Descendents, the band gives fans a glimpse at some of its influences. While it may seem like a strange bunch, with two metal icons and a punk band, it feels like the connection really comes from the bands' shared relentlessness, with all three groups representing the kinds of musical wind sprints that have pushed As I Lay Dying to the levels of intensity they've made a part of their repertoire. Surprisingly, the most interesting part of the compilation comes not from the new songs, which are certainly solid, but from the remixes. "Wrath Upon Ourselves [Benjamin Weinman Remix]" finds the band's already crunchy sound being pushed to sonic extremes, with the song chopped up to create an abrasive, hyperkinetic reinterpretation that makes the song an even more cathartic and visceral experience than the original. Given the band's emphasis on breakdowns, the dubstep remixes of "Elegy" and "The Blinding of False Light" also show As I Lay Dying's work translating easily from genre to genre, maintaining the same heaviness while changing the sound palette from detuned guitars to guttural bass wobbles. As an album that's based around the idea of looking back and reimagining things, Decas isn't a great place for new fans to pick up with As I Lay Dying, but for those who have been around the block a few times with these guys, it's an album that they won't want to miss out on. ~ Gregory Heaney
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 13 ratings.
Based on 13 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $9.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock (10-CD Set) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE