As I Lay Dying The Powerless Rise
Only 10 copies left
|You Save:||$1.40 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: May 7, 2010
- Originally Released: 2010
- Label: Metal Blade
Alternative Press - p.1044.5 stars out of 5 -- "[W]hat makes THE POWERLESS RISE such a stunning metal record is the band's commitment to vigorously kicking at their boundaries while remaining true to their sound."
Kerrang (Magazine) - p.52"[S]tandout songs like 'Anodyne Sea' and the mini-marathon of noise that is 'Condemned' deliver where it counts..."
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Beyond Our Suffering
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Anodyne Sea
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Without Conclusion
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Parallels
- $0.99 on iTunes5.The Plague
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Anger and Apathy
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Condemned
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Upside Down Kingdom
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Vacancy
- $0.99 on iTunes10.The Only Constant Is Change
- $0.99 on iTunes11.The Blinding of False Light
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Lyricist: Tim Lambesis.
Personnel: Josh Gilbert , Tim Lambesis (vocals); Phil Sgrosso, Nick Hipa (guitar); Jordan Mancino (drums); Mike Catalano (percussion).
Audio Mixers: Colin Richardson; Martyn "Ginge" Ford.
Recording information: Lambesis Studios, San Diego, CA; Signature Sound, San Diego, CA.
Editor: Joseph McQueen.
In the three-year interim between 2007's Ocean Between Us and The Powerless Rise, San Diego's As I Lay Dying toured widely enough to cement their relationship with then-new bassist Josh Gilbert, who also picks up some backing vocal chores. It's not that that they've changed their formula so much as honed it to something so sharp it bleeds excellence. While everything here charges maniacally and furiously from the opening track -- and first single -- "Beyond Our Suffering," right on through to the set-closer "The Blinding of False Light," there are some slower intros on tracks such as "Parallels" and "Upside Down Kingdom" that work to stellar dramatic effect when the tunes give way to furious thrashing. The twin-guitar attack of Nick Hipa and Phil Sgrosso is sharper and heavier than ever here -- check the back and forth work on "The Only Constant Is Change" and "Anodyne Sea." At 44 minutes, The Powerless Rise feels more like 10. As a band, AILD has grown most is in their songwriting and production skills (the latter of which are now off the charts in terms of precision). The Powerless Rise, delivers on what their previous outings have handsomely promised. ~ Thom Jurek
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 53 ratings.
Based on 53 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists WDAS 105.3FM - Classic Soul Hits, Volume 1 (2-CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 60s - Amazing Hits (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Skeeter Davis Blueberry Hill / The End of The World (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE