Bulldog Drummond Comes Back
Bulldog Drummond and his fiancée are kidnapped and face death at the hands of a ruthless criminal.
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 Alpha DVDs for $39.90
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Based On "The Female Of The Species" By H.C. Mcneile
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 58 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: March 18, 2003
- Originally Released: 1937
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||John Barrymore & John Howard|
|Performer:||John Howard & Louise Campbell|
|Directed by||Louis King|
|Screenplay by||Edward T. Lowe|
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"The female of the species... more deadly than the male!"
- line from the script of the movie's trailer.
Description by OLDIES.com:
The dashing and debonair Captain "Bulldog" Drummond (John Howard), becomes swept up in a fiendish plot perpetrated by foreign criminals. This is the first in a series of eight Paramount films that chronicle the freewheeling escapades of British writer H.C. McNeile's irrepressible detective. Drummond's fiancee, Phyllis Clavering (Louise Campbell), is kidnapped by the diabolical Mikhail Valdin (J. Carrol Naish), a past foe who is being pursued by international authorities for murdering an American millionaire in Paris. With the help of his butler Tenny (E.E. Clive) and partner Algy Longworth (Reginald Denny), Drummond pursues Valdin in a chase through waterfront dives in search of his beloved Phyllis, while Scotland Yard inspector Colonel Nielson (John Barrymore) follows their trail by slipping into an amazing series of disguises.
Another in the series created by H.C. McNeile. This time Bulldog (Howard) must save his kidnapped fiancee.
Just as Captain Hugh "Bulldog" Drummond is planning his wedding, notorious criminals Mikhail Valdin and Erena Soldanis kidnap his bride-to-be, Phyllis. It seems Drummond arrested Erena's husband, and now she's determined to make him pay. So she taunts him by sending him clues of his fiancee's whereabouts. Erena instructs Bulldog to meet her and Valdin at a remote fishing village -- without telling the police what he's up to. But Drummond's friend and superior, Colonel Nielson, disguises himself as a fisherman and follows our hero as he meets the crooks. But before they can free Phyllis, Drummond is abducted. Now it's up to Colonel Nielson and the boys an Scotland yard to save the day.
- Copyright: Paramount Pictures, Inc. September 24, 1937.
- Sound Western Electric Mirrophonic Recording.
- Second in Paramount's "Bulldog Drummond" series, the film was marketed on the premise that for the first time Drummond's opponent is a female villain.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 31 ratings.
Based on 31 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 6,923
- UPC: 089218413697
- Shipping Weight: 0.26/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Alpha Video Labels:
- Aces and Eights (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces Wild / Wild Mustang (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Art Acord Double Feature: Fighters of the Saddle (Silent) / Pursued (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Across the Plains (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Across the World (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE