Carl Smith Let's Live a Little [Compilation]
|You Save:||$1.20 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- The Proposal ~ $10.44
- Released: July 4, 2005
- Label: Asv Living Era
- 1.Let's Live A Little
- 2.There's Nothing As Sweet As My Baby
- 3.Mister Moon
- 4.If Teardrops Were Pennies
- 5.Guilty Conscience
- 6.Washing My Dreams In Tears
- 7.I Betcha My Heart I Love You
- 8.I Overlooked An Orchid While Searching For A Rose
- 9.I Won't Be At Home
- 10.Don't Just Stand There
- 11.My Lonely Heart's Running Wild
- 12.Let Old Mother Nature Have Her Way
- 13.Are You Teasing Me ?
- 14.It's A Lovely, Lovely World
- 15.That's The Kind Of Love I'm Looking For
- 16.Our Honeymoon
- 18.This Orchid Means Goodbye
- 19.Just Wait 'Til I Get You Alone
- 20.Do I Like It ?
- 21.Hey, Joe!
- 22.Satisfaction Guaranteed
- 23.Dog-Gone It, Baby, I'm In Love
- 24.Back Up, Buddy
- 25.Go, Boy, Go
- 26.More Than Anything Else In The World
- 27.No, I Don't Believe I Will
- 28.Loose Talk
- 29.Kisses Don't Lie
Personnel: Carl "The Truth" Smith (vocals, guitar); Grady Martin (electric guitar); Billy Robinson , Johnny Sibert, Bob Foster (steel guitar); "Papa" John Gordy, Hugh Gordon Stoker (piano); Hal Smith , Ernie Newton, Junior Huskey (double bass); Neill S. Owen, Farris Coursey, Buddy Harmon (drums).
Audio Remasterer: Martin Haskell.
Liner Note Author: Brian Golbey.
Recording information: Nashville, TN (05/11/1950-10/29/1954).
As far as collections go, this is the only one that rivals Columbia's The Essential Carl Smith (1950-1956). There are 29 cuts here, all of them in mono and recorded during Smith's truly great era from 1950-1954: 20 of them hit the Top Ten and four were chart-toppers. Smith was one of the greats following the death of Hank Williams. His style was deeply influenced by Williams' simplicity of singing style and presentation. The vocal is tight up-front, its hillbilly drawl unaffected or disguised. There are such classics here as the Louvin Brothers' "Are You Teasing Me?," "Mister Moon," "I Won't Be at Home," Leon Payne's moving "More Than Anything Else in This World," and Boudleaux Bryant's "Back Up, Buddy." While it's true that the crooner is what's on offer, that's what Smith did best. The sound is wonderful. Those looking to delve into Smith's magic would be well served by this and the aforementioned Legacy set. ~ Thom Jurek
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE
Country & Western, Volume 2 [German Import] (10-CD)
Out of StockSave for Later
Get Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!