- Number of Discs: 5
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 13 hours, 2 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: March 11, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Flicker Alley
Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
5-Disc Box Set; Slipsleeve Box
Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Stereo 2.0 - Silent with Accompagnying Scores
- Subtitles - English
Additional Release Material:
- Bonus Shorts - LE GRAND MÉLIÈS (Georges Franju, 1953)
- Collectible - Booklet Including a Foreword by Norman McLaren, an Essay by John Frazer, and an Annotated Index to the Films by Genre.
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Wall Street Journal - 11/25/2011
"[I]t's an impeccable rendering of a remarkable compilation. A TRIP TO THE MOON is included, of course, along with 170 or so other films that Méliès made in his Paris studio..."
French director Georges Melies was a special effects maestro whose experimental approach to filmmaking revolutionized the art. This collection has been carefully curated from the collections of Melies fans across the world, and includes numerous shorts and the classic A TRIP TO THE MOON (1902).