- Video: Black & White
- Released: July 3, 2012
- Label: Flicker Alley
- Encoding: Region [unknown]
- Note: Includes two films in the Méliès style by Segundo de Chomón, which for many years were misidentified as Georges Méliès' own work
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
A box set follow-up to the Flicker Alley label's 13-hour, five-disc set Georges Méliès: First Wizard of the Cinema, this release compiles 25 additional shorts directed by Méliès, long considered one of the greatest pioneers of motion picture craft and arguably the foremost director in the world at the turn of the 20th century. The silent films included in this set appear in chronological order, set to original music; five are hand-colored, and another five have English-language narrations that Méliès authored; two that failed to survive the ravages of time completely intact appear here as fragments. The collection also includes a couple of shorts by Méliès contemporary Segundo de Chomón, done in a style remarkably similar to his own and long misattributed to Méliès as a result.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to
write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 104,743
- UPC: 617311675690
- Shipping Weight: 0.18/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item