|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 Alpha DVDs for $39.90
- Based On A Play By Anthony Paul Kelly
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 1 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: February 18, 2003
- Originally Released: 1940
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Boris Karloff & Margaret Lindsay|
|Featured:||Leonard Mudie & Bruce Lester|
|Directed by||Terry O. Morse & Terry Morse|
|Music by||Heinz Roemheld|
|Screenplay by||Lee Katz|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 39 ratings.
A good guy or a bad guy. Bolris Karloff, I mean. No one could match his sinister snarl. Some good WWI scenes and not a bad acting bob all around.
Boris Karloff is great in any genre!! A thriller with enough twist and turns to keep you guessing!
i enjoyed this. karloff is excellent in what amounts to 3 roles. good to see the aerial attack from 'the dawn patrol' put to good use as well.
Boris Karloff is a German spy posing as a pleasant butler in this fast paced spy thriller. This film feels very British (because the actors all seem to be Brits) but it was made in Hollywood by the Warner Bros "B" unit. The picture looks and sounds impressive - even the "B" product benefitted from the excellent Warner craftsmen. The excellent photography was done by Sid Hickox, A.S.C. who lensed over 100 features between 1929 and 1955. The music, always important in a Warner film, was composed by Heinz Roemheld. He wrote the music for about 75 features between 1934 and 1962. Warner had a policy of cranking up the volume on the musical score to make it stand out. The film itself is of very good quality - very few lines and splices. All in all, a pleasant little film.
Karloff is in fine form in this neat little film, if you stick with it. Fairly well-paced. Production values are good, the acting above average and there are enough red herrings in the plot to satisfy fans of the mystery/spy genres. A good cinematic example of film-making on a modest budget. The only disappointment is the film's unimaginative climax.
- Sales Rank: 9,143
- UPC: 089218412799
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Action / Adventure Movie Categories:
10 Dead Men (DVD) ~
$19.79 Super Savings
- 10,000 B.C. (DVD) ~ $5.37
10,000 B.C. (Blu-ray) ~
$7.67 Super Savings
12 Monkeys / Mercury Rising / The Jackal (3-DVD) ~
$16.96 Super Savings
16 Blocks (Blu-ray) ~
$10.22 Super Savings
- 26 Men - Volumes 1-3 (3-DVD) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- $50,000 Reward (Silent) (with Bonus Short, "Then Came The Yawn") (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 7 Sins of The Vampire (2002) / Devilish Desire of Dario Dragani (2012) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 70s Grindhouse Black Exploitation: TNT Jackson (1979) / The Black Godfather (1974) / Black Cobra (1981) / Black Cobra 2 (1990) / Black Cobra 3: The Manila Connection (1990) / The Black Gestapo (1975) / The Black Six (1974) (3-DVD) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- Abilene Town (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE