Hugs for Women
by Various Artists
Rare & Hard-To-Find Audio CDs (series)
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
by Various Artists ~ Hugs for Friends ~ $1.98
- All "ZSM" coded CDs are in new and never-played condition. Most are sealed. However, product may have manufacturer's delete notch, drill hole, prior sale stickers, or worn or missing OUTER wrap.
- Released: March 6, 2001
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Here to Him Music
- 1.Butterfly Kisses
- 2.How Beautiful
- 3.I Could Sing of Your Love Forever
- 4.I Love You Lord
- 5.He Hideth My Soul
- 6.Lord, I Lift Your Name on High
- 7.Clair de Lune
- 8.Jesus, Lover of My Soul
- 9.Go Tell It on the Mountain
- 10.It Is Well
- 11.All to Jesus I Surrender
Personnel: Christine Donahue, Paul Brannon, Mark Baldwin, Dave Cleveland (guitar); Sam Levine (flute, pennywhistle); Mark Douthit (saxophone, EWI); Jeff Nelson, Sal Oliveri (keyboards, programming); Ken Lewis (percussion).
Recording information: Little Sicily, Franklin, TN.
Arrangers: Jeff Nelson; Sal Oliveri.
This gentle disc filled with 11 heartwarming instrumentals of familiar Christian pop and worship songs could be called "Musical Chicken Soup for the Woman's Soul" and, in fact, it's part of a tie-in series with other similarly themed recordings and an inspirational book of the same title. Fortunately, what could easily be just bland musical wallpaper is a bit more emotional thanks to arrangers and keyboardists Jeff Nelson and Sal Oliveri, who give "Butterfly Kisses" a moody yet powerful piano treatment. Twila Paris' "How Beautiful" is given a folksy, down-home flavor courtesy of violinist Christa Black, and Martin Smith's worship classic "I Could Sing of Your Love Forever" is given a rocking, sax-driven treatment (sax by Mark Douthit). "Lord I Lift Your Name on High" is played as a guitar rocker. "Go Tell It on the Mountain" is a straightforward, lovely piano ballad with just the right bluesy touch. One of the more likable aspects of the collection is the way producer Glenn Wagner uses different instruments as lead, and the way he varies tempos. Other songs include Debussy's Clair de Lune, "It Is Well," and "All to Jesus I Surrender." The idea is for the music to caress the weary soul. And it works. ~ Jonathan Widran
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 76,646
- UPC: 645177129422
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Gospel Music Categories:
- James Abbington 49 Hidden Treasures from the African American Heritage Hymnal (2-CD) ~ $23.39
- James Abbington Use Me (CD) ~ $15.29
Live on Forever (CD)
$8.49 Super Savings
- Todd Agnew From Grace to Glory: The Music of Todd Agnew (CD) ~ $13.57
$9.42 Super Savings