All I Know
Rare & Hard-To-Find Audio CDs (series)
- All "ZSM" coded CDs are in new and never-played condition. Most are sealed. However, product may have manufacturer's delete notch, drill hole, prior sale stickers, or worn or missing OUTER wrap.
- Released: June 22, 1999
- Originally Released: 1999
- Label: MCA
- 1.All I Know
This is an Enhanced audio CD which contains regular audio tracks and multimedia computer files.
This single from Roots associate Rahzel, whom the packaging declares to be "The Godfather of Noyze," is everything you look for in a quick slice of hip-hop. Built on the same kind of simple, irresistible loop that made House of Pain's "Jump Around" such a hit, "All I Know" features surprisingly skilled rapping -- but Rahzel's bread and butter is his rep as human beatbox and master of sound effects. There may be a limit to what you can do with this kind of shtick, but for the length of the single, at least, it manages to be deliriously entertaining. Every time the beat drops out, Rahzel's right in there with some kind of freaky interjection. He claims that the track's chorus, which sounds like deftly spliced and scratched samples of James Brown and Richard Pryor, is in fact himself morphing his voice with no electronic assistance. This is hard to believe, but if it's true, it's a pretty damn impressive display. The CD also features some multimedia content for the technical-minded, and an instrumental version that's not unpleasant but rather beside the point. ~ Bill Cassel
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Based on 4 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE