Teenagers From Outer Space
|CYBER WEEK SALE:||$5.95 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 25 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: February 18, 2003
- Originally Released: 1959
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||David Love & Dawn Anderson|
|Performer:||Tom Graeff, Thomas Lockyer & King Moody|
|Directed by||Tom Graeff|
|Written by||Tom Graeff|
|Produced by||Tom Graeff|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 53 ratings.
Like Plan 9 from Outer Space and other similar films, Teenagers from Outer Space gets its laughs from horrible acting and effects. If you loved Plan 9 from Outer Space, you'll love this as well.
truly and delisciously DREADFUL. It would get the full 5-stars for horribleness ("Plan 9 From Outer Space" class) if it weren't for the pretty good looking use of a Christmas Tree ornament for the FX on the hubcap landing.
the enduring q remains: How'd Grampa loose his trigger finger?
Some teenagers from outer space (17 going on 40) land on earth to see if the planet contains the proper conditions for raising dangerous "Gargon" herds (lobster shadows). While checking the planet out one teen decides letting the Gargons feast on the humans is not the kindly thing to do. The rest of the movie centers on his former buddies hunting him down and "blasting the flesh off" all humans who stand in their way.
I loved this movie the most for its inept acting. The actors nearly shout their lines to one another like everyone around them is deaf. I've never seen acting this wooden, even in an ed wood film.
Teenagers has a cheesey filling and a long shelf life that will stand up to multiple viewings.
Aliens invaded Earth for many reasons during the fabulous 50's but their motive in this film is the best one yet. These aliens need a safe environment to breed an animal known as a "Gargon" which is their main source of food. They have invaded Earth in search of a square meal! The unnamed planet these aliens come from is a militaristic society that would give even George Orwell nightmares. Familial ties are non existant, conformity is the rule and love is unknown. One tender hearted alien named Derek (David Love) decides to rebel against all this and deserts his comrades to see what life on Earth is like. He soon learns about love thanks to pretty Dawn Anderson. Meanwhile the brutal Thor (Bryan Grant, who was also one of this movies many producers) is tracking Derek down and using his flesh disolving raygun to eliminate anyone who gets in his way.
Sounds good, right? Well it had potential but once you see that the Gargons look a lot like ordinary lobsters you know what you are in for.
Earth's atmosphere causes the Gargons to grow much larger than they do at home and one of them just happens to escape so we get a few scenes of a badly superimposed giant lobster attacking startled Earth people. Dawn Anderson gets to run around the ubiquitous Bronson Canyon in a swimsuit, which probably made for some good publicity stills. Watch for Harvey B. Dunn, best remembered from Ed Wood's BRIDE OF THE MONSTER, as the fellow who rents Derek a room in his home.
Writer/producer/director Tom Graeff appears breifly in a cops vs. aliens shootout scene.
Classic? No! Fun? Yes! Worth seeing? You bet?
- Sales Rank: 16,228
- UPC: 089218411297
- Shipping Weight: 0.28/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- 10cc Live in Concert (DVD) ~ $14.81 CYBER WEEK
- 2 Pac Tupac - Hip Hop Genius (DVD) ~ $6.15 CYBER WEEK
- 2Pac Tupac - Live at the House of Blues (Blu-ray) ~ $15.96 CYBER WEEK
- 2Pac Tupac - Complete Live Performances (2-DVD) ~ $15.96 CYBER WEEK
- 2Pac / Notorious B.I.G. Tupac Vs. Biggie: The Legacy Continues (DVD) ~ $8.63 CYBER WEEK
Science-Fiction / Fantasy Movie Categories:
- 12 Monkeys (Blu-ray) ~ $10.83 CYBER WEEK
- 12 Monkeys (Special Edition) (DVD) ~ $10.83 CYBER WEEK
- 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (Special Edition) (DVD) ~ $10.13 CYBER WEEK
- 2001: A Space Odyssey (Blu-ray, Special Edition) ~ $8.34 CYBER WEEK
- 2001: A Space Odyssey (Special Edition) (2-DVD) ~ $21.63 CYBER WEEK
© 2016 OLDIES.com and its affiliates and partner companies. All rights reserved.