- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 33 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: April 27, 2004
- Originally Released: 1979
- Label: Blue Underground
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: This program features a high-definition transfer of the film, made under the supervision of director of photography Mark Irwin.
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound - English
- DTS-ES 6.1 Surround Sound - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary: David Cronenberg - Co-Writer/Director
- "Inside the Character Actor's Studio" - Interviews with William Smith, John Saxon - Stars
- "Shooting Cronenberg" - Interview with Mark Irwin - Director of Photography
- Theatrical Trailer
- Biographies: Claudia Jennings - Star
- Poster and Still Image Gallery
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Premiere - 07/01/2004
"Nicely Psychotronic casting abounds..."
Though known for his thinking-person's horror flicks, director David Cronenberg provides a realistic, compelling portrait of the race car circuit in FAST COMPANY. Lonnie "Lucky Man" Johnson (William Smith) knows that his sponsor, Fast Company Motor Oil, wants to let him go in favor of a younger, edgier image and spokesperson. As Johnson, the company representative (John Saxon), and Johnson's girlfriend Sammy (Claudia Jennings, in her last role before her untimely death), navigate through a web of competition, greed, and octane, Cronenberg presents an astonishingly detailed drama that gets to the heart of fame and the American dream.