- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 34 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 28, 2004
- Originally Released: 1976
- Label: Blue Underground
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.66
- Dolby Digital 2.0 - English
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Mono - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Production Interviews: "Kicks and Crashes" with David Carradine and Mary Woronov - Stars, Roger Corman - Cult film producer
- Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spots
Performers, Cast and Crew:
High energy action film about an illegal & lengthy marathon road race where the goal is to make it to the finish without being arrested or incinerated. Look for cameos from cult directors Martin Scorcese and Roger Corman.
Non-stop action ensues when a variety of offbeat characters compete in a no-holds-barred, cross-country race from Los Angeles to New York.
Up for grabs in the Trans-American Grand Prix is $100,000... and some of the determined drivers will do anything to collect the dough.
Among the participants are veteran racer "Cannonball" Buckman and the villainous Cade Redman. Although Redman manages to beat up Buckman and knock him off the road more than once, the tough "Cannonball" won't be intimidated. No matter how much damage his car (and his body) sustains, Buckman just gets right back into the race. Meanwhile, he also finds time to romance Linda, another participant in the contest.
Who will be the first one to cross the finish line... and what condition will he or she and their automobile be in'
- The film was rumored to be the most expensive film New World Pictures had made up to that point.
- Additional credits: Cathy McCabe (assistant director).
- Released in UK as "Carquake" by Harbor.
- Color by Metrocolor.