- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 2 hours, 22 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 17, 2004
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Allumination
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
A made-for-cable mini-series adaptation of the 1886 adventure classic by Robert Louis Stevenson, first broadcast on The Family Channel.
In 1751, a Scottish boy, David Balfour, becomes heir to a family fortune. But his greedy, parsimonious, uncle cheats him out of every cent. Then the penniless David is kidnapped by the cruel Captain Hoseason, who sets sail for the Carolinas, where he plans to sell David as an indentured slave. Good luck finally arrives in the form of Alan Breck Stewart, a Scottish soldier who rescues the boy. The two return to Scotland to reclaim David's inheritance and ruin the uncle's evil plans.
High Seas |
Kidnapping And Missing Persons |
Kids Adventure |
Theatrical Release |
- Produced in association with The Family Channel.
- Originally aired on The Family Channel November 5-6, 1995, in two, 2-hour time slots.
- Color by Rank. Shot on location in Ireland and Ardmore Studios in Dublin, Ireland.
- Produced with the support of investment incentives for the Irish Film Industry provided by the government of Ireland.
- Additional cast: Gerry O'Brien (Captain), Michael Mears (Blind Man), and Christopher Casson (Rev. Campbell).
- Additional credits: Bernie Dooley (chief hairdresser) and Snaptrax (post-production sound).
- Distributed under Cabin Fever's "Timeless Adventures" label.
- Copyright 1995 RHI Entertainment, Inc.