Eyes In The Night
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 Alpha DVDs for $39.90
- Based On Characters Created By Baynard H. Kendrick
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 20 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: February 18, 2003
- Originally Released: 1942
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Edward Arnold & Donna Reed|
|Performer:||Barry Nelson, Stephen McNally, Rosemary DeCamp, Reginald Denny & Mantan Moreland|
|Directed by||Fred Zinnemann|
|Screenplay by||Guy Trosper & Howard Emmett Rogers|
|Produced by||Jack Chertok|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 32 ratings.
When you watch as many old movies as I do you see quite a few you quickly forget. But then, every once in a while, one comes along that you'll remember for story, acting, excitement, and just plain fun. And "Eyes in the Night" is such a film. Edward Arnold, Doona Reed, Reginal Denny, Rosemary DeCamp and a host of others do great jobs but they're all topped by Friday. What a dog!It's a murder film, a spy film, had a little humor, excitement about a blind detective, I'm sure you'll love it.
It was a great movie investment for the price!
Edward Arnold gives a wonderful performance as the Blind Detective, with his able seeing eye dog. This film is standard detective film noir for the period. Fast pace and good film quality, A movie worth viewing!
This is a great thriller. I'd like to use the term mystery but after a half an hour we know who's behind the deed and we have to wait for our detective to capture the culprit. Edward Arnold makes a damn good detective, blind or not this is the guy you want on your side. Its a shame that there was only one more film with the character.
See this movie, its a great evenings entertainment.
Sighted people seem to be in love with the idea that the blind are not all that seriously disadvantaged. This is, for the record, nonsense. However, the gifted blind (inevitably played by sighted actors) can be more or less believable. Edward Arnold's performance is thoroughly believable, and delightful, especially when he punches out a heavy who is supposed to be keeping him captive. The dog is a bit less believable, but who can hate a see-eye supercanine? The hidden delight of the flick is bitchy vixen Donna Reed. She comes out OK in the end, but the scene of her blackmailing her stepmother is a delight for those who know her as TV's ideal homemaker.
- Sales Rank: 3,392
- UPC: 089218410795
- Shipping Weight: 0.27/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- 26 Men - Volumes 1-3 (3-DVD) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- $50,000 Reward (Silent) (with Bonus Short, "Then Came The Yawn") (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 7 Sins of The Vampire (2002) / Devilish Desire of Dario Dragani (2012) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 70s Grindhouse Black Exploitation: TNT Jackson (1979) / The Black Godfather (1974) / Black Cobra (1981) / Black Cobra 2 (1990) / Black Cobra 3: The Manila Connection (1990) / The Black Gestapo (1975) / The Black Six (1974) (3-DVD) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- Abilene Town (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
Alpha Video Labels:
- Ace of Clubs (1925) / Another Man's Boots (1922) (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces and Eights (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces Wild / Wild Mustang (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Art Acord Double Feature: Fighters of the Saddle (Silent) / Pursued (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Across the Plains (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
© 2016 OLDIES.com and its affiliates and partner companies. All rights reserved.