Live at the Bohemian Caverns
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: September 18, 2007
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: Stax
Dirty Linen - p.88"Thomas re-invents herself as a velvety-voice diva....She comes up with extremely soulful re-workings of tunes popularized by Doris Day, Johnny Mathis, and Frank Sinatra."
- 1.Introduction by Al Bell
- 2.You're Gonna Here From Me
- 3.Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah / A Lovely Way To Spend An Evening / It's a Lovely Day Today / On a Clear Day (You Can See Forever)
- 4.Mas que Nada
- 5.Gee Whiz (Look at His Eyes)
- 7.A Lot of Livin' to Do
- 9.Many, Many Thanks
- 10.Never Be True
- 11.Rufus Dialogue #1
- 12.Fine and Mellow
- 13.Did You Ever Love a Woman
- 14.Rufus Dialogue #2
- 15.The Dog
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Rufus Thomas.
Unreleased until 40 years after it was recorded at the prestigious Washington D.C. nightspot the Bohemian Caverns, this intriguing live 1967 concert was to have signified soul singer Carla Thomas's blossoming into an all-round entertainer. It features a set list containing both her then-smash hit "B-A-B-Y" and sophisticated jazz and American Songbook standards, such as Irving Berlin's "It's a Lovely Day Today," as well as an all-star band led by a young Donny Hathaway, plus the additional bonus of three songs performed with Thomas's father, the veteran R&B performer Rufus Thomas.
The Complete Stax / Volt Singles, Volume 3 (1972-1975)... (CD)
Wattstax: The Living Word (Live Concert Music From The... (CD)
I'm the One Who Loves You: The Complete Volt Recordings (CD)
$12.35 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE