Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 41 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 11, 2012
- Originally Released: 1986
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- Note: Feature commentary with director Tobe Hooper and filmmaker David Gregory
- Feature commentary with Bill Moseley, Caroline Williams, special makeup effects creator Tom Savini and content producer Michal Felsher
- The cutting room floor
- It runs in the family
- Original theatrical trailer
- Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.78
- DTS HD Master Audio - English, French
- Subtitles - English, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Variety - 08/20/1986
"...A vision at once ghastly and hilarious....Director Tobe Hooper is back on the Texas turf he knows best and proves there are still a few thrills and chills left to be found.."
Sight and Sound - 11/01/2001
"...Caroline Williams as Stretch is a winning heroine..."
Los Angeles Times - 08/23/1986
"...This is one horror movie that delivers the goods -- and then some....It's done with such style and energy, such bursts of red-hot invention and anarchic, madly irreverent satire that sometimes it almost scorches you out of your seat..."
In this sequel, Hopper plays a man determined to avenge his murdered family by hunting down Leatherface and his brethren. His trail leads him to caverns of death where victims are the ingredients in a nightmarish enterprise. After ten years of silence, the buzz is back. Sequel: "Leatherface: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3."
A tongue-in-cheek sequel to the 1975 splatter classic. Dennis Hopper stars as a Texas Ranger seeking revenge on the murderous, chainsaw-wielding clan who dismembered several members of his family in the first flick. Body parts and self-referential jokes fly, as the crazed lawman (he's almost as wacked as the villians he's stalking) heads toward the final, blood-soaked showdown.
Black Comedy |
Theatrical Release |
- Locations included the Cut-Rite Chainsaw Store and Austin American Statesman Newspaper building in downtown Austin, Texas, and the Prairie Dell Amusement Park north of Austin, Texas. Shot in TVC color and Todd-AO.
- Began shooting May 5, 1986; completed shooting prior to July 4, 1986. Released in the USA August 22, 1986.
- Additional credits: modelmaker, Tobe Hooper; special effects technical adviser, Eddie Surkin.
- The Elite Entertainment CLV laserdisc (Cat. #EE-8622) contains a digital transfer of the film struck from a 35mm intermediate positive, a brief column of copy, a short credit stack on the jacket, and 10 minutes of raw sound-effects-less deleted scenes at the end of Side 2.