A Perfect World
Warner Bros. DVD Clearance Sale (series)
|You Save:||$5.01 (39% Off)|
- Cast/Writer Film Highlights
- Theatrical Trailer
- Languages: English, French
- Subtitles: English, French, Spanish
- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 2 hours, 18 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 1, 2002
- Originally Released: 1993
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 2.35
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 2.35
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
- Film Highlights:
- Select Cast
- Select Crew
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Kevin Costner, Laura Dern & Clint Eastwood|
|Performer:||T.J. Lowther, Bradley Whitford, Bruce McGill, Clint Eastwood & Laura Dern|
|Directed by||Clint Eastwood|
|Screenwriting by||John Lee Hancock|
|Composition by||Lennie Niehaus|
|Produced by||Clint Eastwood, Mark Johnson & David Valdes|
|Director of Photography:||Jack N. Green|
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"I don't know nothin'. Not one damn thing."
"...Quietly devastating....A deeply felt, deceptively simple film that marks the high point of Mr. Eastwood's directing career..."
"Star Kevin Costner and director Clint Eastwood deliver lean, finely chiseled work in A PERFECT WORLD, a somber, subtly nuanced study..."
"...Costner is warm and appealing..."
"...This is a movie that surprises you....The screenplay by John Lee Hancock goes deep. And the direction by Clint Eastwood finds strange, quiet moments of perfect truth in the story..."
Description by OLDIES.com:
Costner plays Butch Haynes, a hardened prison escapee on the lam with a young hostage (T.J. Lowther in a remarkable film debut) who sees in Butch the father figure he never had. Eastwood is wily Texas Ranger Red Garnett, leading deputies and a criminologist (Laura Dern) in a statewide pursuit. Red knows every road and pothole in the Panhandle. What's more, he knows the elusive Haynes - because their paths have crossed before.
- Theatrical release: November 24, 1993.
- The film was shot on location in Austin and central Texas.
- Screenwriter John Lee Hancock also wrote the script for Eastwood's film version of MIDNIGHT IN THE GARDEN OF GOOD AND EVIL.
- Clint Eastwood cowrote the song "Big Fran's Baby," which is featured on the soundtrack.
- The film made slightly more than $30 million at the U.S. box office but raked in more than $100 worldwide.
- While Eastwood got a great performance from Kevin Costner, their working relationship was not always friendly. At one point, Eastwood has said, Costner walked off the set, and Eastwood threatened to shoot the rest of the film with his stand-in.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 84 ratings.