- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 43 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: March 2, 1999
- Originally Released: 1990
- Label: Good Times Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"I only know that when I'm with you I'm a wreck, and when I'm not with you I'm a different kind of wreck." (James Spader as Max to Susan Sarandon as Nora)
Rolling Stone - 11/15/1990
"...Sarandon and Spader turn in vibrant performances....Hot, sassy fun that is also wildly romantic..."
Los Angeles Times - 10/26/1990
"...Searingly well-acted....Probably Sarandon's most complex, blazingly vibrant performance..."
An offbeat romance is sparked when an advertising executive mourning the death of his wife has a late-night encounter with a fiercely independent woman who works in a hamburger joint, lives on the wrong side of town and is at least 15 years his senior.
A waitress in a White Palace fast-food restaurant meets a young, recently widowed, Jewish advertising executive at a bar. They "tentatively" and "uncertainly" start an affair which turns torrid very rapidly and eventually leads to her leaving town and him quitting his job, abandoning his old life and following her.
Love Story |
- Shot in DeLuxe color on location in St. Louis, Missouri.
- Additional credits: Chuck Murray (UPM), Gabriela Vasquez (assistant director), Mack Chapman (special effects), Sally Boldt (music editor), John Richards (scoring mixer), David Lee (songwriter "What Would It Take" and "Guardian Angel", James Slater and Carl Sealove (songwriters "Love or Money").