- Rated: Unrated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 30 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Released: November 9, 1999
- Originally Released: 1974
- Label: Henstooth Video
All Region Encoded
Actual box art features the orignal theatrical poster by George Barr
Performers, Cast and Crew:
A campy, bawdy ode to bad science fiction movies, this collector's edition--with Flesh teaming up with Dale Ardor and Dr. Flexi Jerkoff against Emperor Wang, ruler of the planet Porno--features an additional ten minutes of restored footage never before released. Listen for an uncredited Craig T. Nelson as the voice of the monster.
A sexy parody of the old Flash Gordon movie serials -- "Flash Gordon's Trip to Mars" in particular.
Although the film follows the basic plot of that serial, some major changes have been made elsewhere, starting with the characters's names. While superhero Flash Gordon has become Flesh Gordon, Dale Arden is now Dale Ardor, Dr. Zarkov is now Dr. Jerkoff, and the evil Emperor Ming has become Emperor Wang.
Flesh flies to the planet Porno so he can stop the evil Wang from attacking the rest of the universe with a sex ray. Helping the superhero fight the emperor and Porno's monsters are Dr. Jerkoff and Flesh's girlfriend, Dale.
As the heroes attempt to defeat the forces of evil, the film offers some inventive special effects and some hilarious jokes, as well as an abundance of nudity.
Cult Film |
- This film was originally Rated MPAA X. However, it was re-edited and subsequently Rated MPAA R.
- A Graffiti production; distributed by Mammoth Films.
- Color by Metro Color.
- Craig T. Nelson, who provided the voice of The Monster, was uncredited.
- Candy Samples, who has a cameo role, is a porno star.
- Additional cast: Mycle Brandy; Nora Wieternik; Steven Grummette; Lance Larsen; Judy Ziehm; Jack Rowe; Mark Fore; Maria Aranoff; Sally Alt; Linus Gator; Susan Moore; Pat Hudson; Duane Paulsen; Leonard Goodman; Howard Alexander; Alan Sinclair; Annette Anderson; Shannon West; Patricia Burns; Nancy Ayres; Kathy Foster; Terri Johnson; Linda Shepard; Mary Gavin; and Dee Dee Dailies.
- Additional credits: Bill Danevick (lighting).
- The movie comes in both R-rated and Unrated Collector's Edition versions on video. The Collector's Edition features 10 minutes of footage restored from the original negative, and also includes the film's theatrical trailer.
- The video box's art features the original theatrical poster by George Barr.