The Lost World (Silent)
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 Alpha DVDs for $39.90
- King Kong ~ $7.67
- King Kong (1933) (Special Edition) (Full Screen) (2-DVD) ~ $24.10
- King Kong: Special Edition (1933) (2-DVD) ~ $12.98 (Save 52%)
- Lost World - 11" x 17" Poster ~ $9.98 (Save 33%)
- The Lost World (Includes 1960 and 1925 Versions) (2-DVD) ~ $16.13
Available in a set:
- Silent Classics (Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde / The Golem / Lost World / The Thief of Baghdad) (4-DVD... ~ $4.98 (Save 83%)
- Silent Classics (Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde / The Golem / The Lost World / The Thief of Baghdad) (4-DVD) ~ $4.98 (Save 84%)
- Silent Classics Collection (The General / The Lost World / Shadows / The Shock) (4-DVD) ~ $4.98 (Save 83%)
- Special Effects by Willis O'Brien
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 3 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: November 19, 2002
- Originally Released: 1925
- Label: Alpha Video
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Wallace Beery & Bessie Love|
|Performer:||Lewis Stone & Lloyd Hughes|
|Directed by||Harry O. Hoyt|
|Screenplay by||Marion Fairfax|
|Original story by||Arthur Conan Doyle|
|Director of Photography:||Arthur Edeson|
Description by OLDIES.com:
- THE LOST WORLD was added to the Library of Congress National Film Registry in 1998.
- In 1960, Irwin Allen directed the remake, also entitled THE LOST WORLD. It starred Michael Rennie, Jill St. John, David Hedison, Claude Rains, Fernando Lamas, and Richard Haydn.
- Joseph Plunkett was responsible for the film's special prologue.
- Additional cast members: Bull Montana (as Apeman), George Bunny (Colin McArdle), and Charles Wellsley (Major Hibbard).
- Original running time: 108 minutes. Many later versions of the film run only 60 minutes. This record is for the restored Lumivision laserdisc/Milestone VHS versions, which feature a new musical score by R. J. Miller and supplementary material, including production stills arranged to re-create the legendary missing scenes.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 71 ratings.
I truly enjoyed this movie. The characters were well fleshed out, although a little silly at times (the boy who's girlfriend wants him to risk his life for her and goes out to do it, the scientist with a face like a pushbroom). The dinosaurs were spectacular, and I had a sensation of living decades ago and staring back centuries into the past.
I love this movie! It was the first silent movie I ever owned, so it holds a special place in my list of great movies. I've always been a fan of dinosaur movies, and found a VHS copy of this at a local Walmart.. in ne of those cheap movie dump bins. I watched it as soon as I got home. Once DVD came around, I knew I had to own it on this great format. When I found this disc at a local Borders I was so excited. Thanks for bringing these classics to us at an affordable cost!
- Sales Rank: 4,880
- UPC: 089218406491
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Alpha Video Labels:
- Ace of Clubs (1925) / Another Man's Boots (1922) (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces and Eights (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces Wild / Wild Mustang (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Art Acord Double Feature: Fighters of the Saddle (Silent) / Pursued (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Across the Plains (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
© 2017 OLDIES.com and its affiliates and partner companies. All rights reserved.