Lost World (Silent)
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$5.95 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
- King Kong ~ $7.57
- King Kong (Blu-ray) ~ $23.64
- King Kong (1933) (Special Edition) (Full Screen) (2-DVD) ~ $24.28
- Lost World - 11" x 17" Poster ~ $7.98
- The Lost World (Includes 1960 and 1925 Versions) (2-DVD) ~ $16.13
Available in a set:
- Silent Classics (Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde / The Golem / Lost World / The Thief of Baghdad) (4-DVD... ~ $4.98
- Silent Classics (Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde / The Golem / The Lost World / The Thief of Baghdad) (4-DVD) ~ $4.98
- Silent Classics Collection (The General / The Lost World / Shadows / The Shock) (4-DVD) ~ $4.98
- Special Effects by Willis O'Brien
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 3 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: November 19, 2002
- Originally Released: 1925
- Label: Alpha Video
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Bessie Love & Wallace Beery|
|Performer:||Lewis Stone & Lloyd Hughes|
|Directed by||Harry O. Hoyt & Harry Hoyt|
|Screenplay by||Marion Fairfax|
|Original story by||Arthur Conan Doyle|
Description by OLDIES.com:
- THE LOST WORLD was added to the Library of Congress National Film Registry in 1998.
- In 1960, Irwin Allen directed the remake, also entitled THE LOST WORLD. It starred Michael Rennie, Jill St. John, David Hedison, Claude Rains, Fernando Lamas, and Richard Haydn.
- Joseph Plunkett was responsible for the film's special prologue.
- Additional cast members: Bull Montana (as Apeman), George Bunny (Colin McArdle), and Charles Wellsley (Major Hibbard).
- Original running time: 108 minutes. Many later versions of the film run only 60 minutes. This record is for the restored Lumivision laserdisc/Milestone VHS versions, which feature a new musical score by R. J. Miller and supplementary material, including production stills arranged to re-create the legendary missing scenes.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 71 ratings.
I truly enjoyed this movie. The characters were well fleshed out, although a little silly at times (the boy who's girlfriend wants him to risk his life for her and goes out to do it, the scientist with a face like a pushbroom). The dinosaurs were spectacular, and I had a sensation of living decades ago and staring back centuries into the past.
I love this movie! It was the first silent movie I ever owned, so it holds a special place in my list of great movies. I've always been a fan of dinosaur movies, and found a VHS copy of this at a local Walmart.. in ne of those cheap movie dump bins. I watched it as soon as I got home. Once DVD came around, I knew I had to own it on this great format. When I found this disc at a local Borders I was so excited. Thanks for bringing these classics to us at an affordable cost!
- Sales Rank: 7,996
- UPC: 089218406491
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Science-Fiction / Fantasy Movie Categories:
12 Monkeys (Blu-ray) ~
$10.83 Super Savings
12 Monkeys (Special Edition) (DVD) ~
$10.83 Super Savings
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (Special Edition) (DVD) ~
$10.13 Super Savings
2001: A Space Odyssey (Blu-ray, Special Edition) ~
$8.34 Super Savings
2001: A Space Odyssey (Special Edition) (2-DVD) ~
$21.63 Super Savings
© 2016 OLDIES.com and its affiliates and partner companies. All rights reserved.