- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 33 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: April 8, 2008
- Originally Released: 1965
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Mono - English, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Interactive Pressbook Gallery
- Poster Gallery
- Lobby Card Gallery
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Total Film - 08/01/2000
"...This is refreshingly subtle, with crisp black-and-white photography and atmospheric direction from Seth Holt..."
A troubled boy accused of drowning his little sister in a bathtub is institutionalized, though he claims the family's old, trusted nanny is the killer. When he returns he is once again a suspect when his aunt dies and his mother is poisoned. Based on Evelyn Piper's novel, this stylish British mystery features Davis' menace at its peak.
This suspenseful chiller concerns a nanny who's suspected of drowning a young girl in her charge. Then the victim's brother Joey, who was sent away after his sister's death, returns home from a school for the mentally disturbed. The boy begins an intense cat-and-mouse game with the governess. Who killed the baby girl -- was it her 10-year-old brother, or her doting nanny'
Based On A Novel |
- Additional cast: Nora Gordon (Mrs. Griggs), Sandra Power (Sarah), Angharad Aubrey (Susy).
- Additional credits: Tom Simpson (editor).
- Copyright 1965 Hamer Film Productions Ltd.