Killers From Space
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 Alpha DVDs for $39.90
- Indestructible Man ~ $5.95 (Save 25%)
- It Came from Outer Space ~ $10.83
- Killers From Space - 11" x 17" Poster ~ $9.98 (Save 33%)
- They Came From Beyond Space ~ $3.59
Available in a set:
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 11 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: November 19, 2002
- Originally Released: 1954
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- English Mono
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Performer:||Barbara Bestar & James Seay|
|Directed by||W. Lee Wilder|
|Screenplay by||William Raynor|
|Original story by||Myles Wilder|
|Produced by||W. Lee Wilder|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 50 ratings.
I wish I could like this as much as Film Flop does but I just don't. I don't even know why I don't. It seems to have a heck of a lot better plot than say Gila Monster and the aliens are at least little bit more crrepy than the rubber lizzard in Preshistoric Women but something just seems missing in action here.
I think it might have to do with the mechanisim of destruction. The author for whatever reason bypassed the standard Planetary Destructo Beam or hurdeling the Earth into the Sun and opted instead to have the aliens turn our common household pest into much larger common household pest . This just doesn't seem like something the human race couldn't handle.
The roaches I have are already pretty big and thus far I have managed to cope.And mankind has invented shelfpaper that can kill insects.
The scene where Graves is allowed to tour a big bug menagiere is probably worth the six bucks. During the long walk through scene I kept hearing a Monty Python like voice in my head saying "Number twenty seven the humoungus doodle bug..no no keep back children-that doodle bugs' deadly"!
Wow! One of my favorite bad movies.
Yep, here's another one of those sci-fi films that turned up on TV just seconds after the movie projectionist put the reel in the can! What might have been an eerie experience turns into a laughfest. Dreary, vacant interior shots, lousy stock footage of lizards and tarantulas filmed with a zoom lens, aliens having ping-pong balls for eyes and wear overalls attest to an abysmal budget. And most of that budget must have come by way of the tobacco industry, for hardly a moment goes by without have the on-screen cast lighting up their Camels (or Chesterfields or Luckies, or whatever). Peter Graves (and the rest of the cast) try their level best to make overcome the script, but it's like trying to melt an iceberg with a match. But the cast's sincerity is one of the good qualities of this film and the only reason why I like it (aside from the opportunity to laugh a lot). If you're a connoisseur of bad movies, this one definitely belongs in your archive.
- Sales Rank: 4,861
- UPC: 089218405999
- Shipping Weight: 0.27/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- 26 Men - Volumes 1-3 (3-DVD) (DVD-R) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- $50,000 Reward (Silent) (with Bonus Short, "Then Came The Yawn") (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 7 Sins of The Vampire (2002) / Devilish Desire of Dario Dragani (2012) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 70s Grindhouse Black Exploitation: TNT Jackson (1979) / The Black Godfather (1974) / Black Cobra (1981) / Black Cobra 2 (1990) / Black Cobra 3: The Manila Connection (1990) / The Black Gestapo (1975) / The Black Six (1974) (3-DVD) (DVD-R) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- Abilene Town (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
Alpha Video Labels:
- Ace of Clubs (1925) / Another Man's Boots (1922) (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces and Eights (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces Wild / Wild Mustang (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Art Acord Double Feature: Fighters of the Saddle (Silent) / Pursued (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Across the Plains (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
© 2017 OLDIES.com and its affiliates and partner companies. All rights reserved.