Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 47 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: March 31, 2009
- Originally Released: 1987
- Label: Fox Searchlight
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- 5.1 DTS HD Master Audio - English
- Dolby Digital 4.0 - English
- Mono - Spanish
- Stereo - French
- Subtitles - English, Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- High Definition Theatrical Trailers
- Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
- Dutch (Arnold Schwarzenegger) just before he wastes guerrilla fighters holding hostages
- Dutch, after he nails a guerrilla soldier to the wall with his knife
"I ain't got time to bleed."
- Blain (Jesse Ventura)
Variety - 06/17/1987
"...The action sequences are imaginative..."
Los Angeles Times - 06/12/1987
"...Your attention is gripped....McTiernan has an arresting visual flair....The whole movie often jells on an almost abstract level..."
Uncut - 01/01/2004
"Action specialist John McTiernan is at his directorial peak..."
Entertainment Weekly -
"[I]n Arnold's top five..."
Empire - 08/01/2010
4 stars out of 5 -- "It's a vintage Schwarzenegger performance from the Austrian Oak's golden age..."
Sent to eliminate a gun-running camp in Central America, United States Major Dutch Schaeffer (Arnold Schwarzenegger) and his commandos get more than they bargained for when they cross paths with a mysterious assassin. As members of their unit begin to disappear, Dutch, Dillon (Carl Weathers), and Blain (Jesse Ventura) conclude that whatever is hunting them is not of this earth. Every attempt at a tactical defense is a defeated for Dutch and company and it is only in the last stretch of their race to safety that their suspicions are confirmed and they encounter the alien nimrod face to face.
A summer box office smash, 1987's PREDATOR re-ignited an old trend of movies depicting aliens invading earth that began decades earlier with films like WAR OF THE WORLDS and INVADERS FROM MARS. McTiernan does a miraculous job of directing the "invisible" Predator. Furthermore, the special effects, which are stunningly subtle and never boisterous, make PREDATOR a strikingly contemporary sci-fi effort even amid today's techno-thrillers.
Essential Cinema |
Theatrical Release |
- Shot on location in Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, and Palenque Chapas, Mexico.
- The film is dedicated to the memories of Agustin Ytuarte and Federico Ysunza.
- Jesse "the Body" Ventura went on to become the governor of Minnesota in 1999; Arnold Schwarzenegger became the governor of California in 2003.