- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 46 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 3, 2000
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Dual Side - Single Layer
- Collectors Edition
- Special Edition
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Dolby Digital Stereo 2.0 - English
- Dolby Digital Surround - French, Spanish, Portuguese
- Additional Release Material:
- Alternate Ending
- Audio Commentary: Brett Leonard - Director
- Interactive Features:
- Scene Access
- Interactive Menus
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Brett Leonard - Director
- Jeff Goldblum - Star
- Christine Lahti - Star
- Alicia Silverstone - Star
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Variety - 02/27/1995
"...HIDEAWAY has a brisk pace and professional sheen..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 03/03/1995
"...The movie is an expedition into the deepest caverns of after-death spookiness....The actors are first-rate..."
After a car accident, Hatch Harrison (Goldblum) appears to be dead. His doctors are successful in reviving him after two hours of clinical death, but he finds he has returned with a deranged, telepathic guest - he is now psychically linked to a serial killer. Seeing through the killer's eyes, he realizes his own daughter is next on his hit list. Based on a novel by Dean Koontz.
After Hatch Harrison gets into a horrible car accident, he's presumed dead until a brash doctor achieves a modern medical miracle by reviving him after almost two hours of unconsciousness. Harrison soon finds, however, that readjusting to the everyday world is extremely difficult. He also suffers from frequent hallucinations, which Harrison eventually learns are caused by a psychic connection to someone who returned with him from "the other side". Tortured by the spirit of this demonic murderer, Harrison fights for the life he almost lost as his evil counterpart closes in on him and his family.
- Produced by S/Q Productions.
- Shot in Technicolor on location in British Columbia, Canada.
- SDDS (Sony Dynamic Digital Sound)
- Additional credits: Sandy McCallum (camera operator); Tim Moynihan (Steadicam operator)
- Copyright 1995 TriStar Pictures.