|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 Alpha DVDs for $39.90
Available in a set:
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 5 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: November 19, 2002
- Originally Released: 1943
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- English Mono
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||George Zucco & Glenn Strange|
|Performer:||Wanda McKay, Noel Madison & Charles Middleton|
|Directed by||Sam Newfield|
|Screenplay by||Fred K. Myton|
|Produced by||Sigmund Neufeld|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 32 ratings.
I really enjoyed this movie. As was noted by other reviewers, this is a 'B' movie, but played as a top rated movie by the actors. It is surprising that this movie has not had more publicity over the years and has not been re-made into a modern "classic". Though the story may be similar to other movies, there is a uniqueness to all the characters and an intertwining of them while stranded at the Black Raven Inn. Just a jem of a movie!
This was a very good "B" film. It looked like George Zucco & Glenn Strange had fun filming this. I really enjoy finding this vault of Independent gems from oldies.com. Keep up the great work and keep them coming.
Would you stay in a hotel run by George Zucco? How about if it had Glenn Strange as the bellhop? Okay, what if there was a bad storm and the bridge was washed out? Okay there you have the situation everyone in this picture finds themselves in!
George Is Amos Bradford, owner of the Black Raven Inn, Glenn is Andy his handyman (hmmmm that makes the 2 main characters Amos n' Andy, doesn't it?). George is an ex-con who is not above help crooks on the lam sneak across the Canadian border in exchange for a hefty fee. When a nervous embezzler shows up with a suitcase full of cash it isn't long before murder is added to the list of "Things to do at the Black Raven Inn".
Guests include an escaped killer, a couple trying to elope, the bullying father of the eloping girl and a mysterious face that keeps popping up at windows. Charles Middleton is on the side of the law for once as the local sheriff.
THE BLACK RAVEN is nearly forgotten to-day and it should not be because it is very well made with good photography and credible performances. Give it a look.
I love this movie. Up until recently I had never even heard of this little thriller much less seen it. The plot has several carloads of people all ending up the Black Raven Inn during a storm. Everyone is trying to get to Canada but the storm has washed out the bridge and no one is going anywhere. Despite it being several groups of "unconnected" people it isn't long before everyone is involved with every else. This has a great cast of B actors that play it for all its worth.
This movie is worth your hard earned cash since few films are as much fun on a dark and stormy night.
Ive watched and rewatched this atmospheric little film and find that I like better with each viewing. Easily as enjoyable as "The Ape Man" and "Bowery at Midnight", it moves along at a swift pace because it takes place on one stormy night in a mystery laden inn. Good character acting helps it along too.
A terrible storm,a washed out bridge and a group of stranded motorists end up at the Black Raven Inn,all seeking to get across the Canadian border for one reason or another. Low budget mystery is entertaining if you get into its intricate plot. The sparingly used exterior sets(including rainstorm) seem to have been made on a higher budget than all of the interior sets. Honest! All in all it's not a bad little film though.
- Sales Rank: 6,242
- UPC: 089218405791
- Shipping Weight: 0.27/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- 26 Men - Volumes 1-3 (3-DVD) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- $50,000 Reward (Silent) (with Bonus Short, "Then Came The Yawn") (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 7 Sins of The Vampire (2002) / Devilish Desire of Dario Dragani (2012) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 70s Grindhouse Black Exploitation: TNT Jackson (1979) / The Black Godfather (1974) / Black Cobra (1981) / Black Cobra 2 (1990) / Black Cobra 3: The Manila Connection (1990) / The Black Gestapo (1975) / The Black Six (1974) (3-DVD) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- Abilene Town (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
Alpha Video Labels:
- Ace of Clubs (1925) / Another Man's Boots (1922) (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces and Eights (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces Wild / Wild Mustang (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Art Acord Double Feature: Fighters of the Saddle (Silent) / Pursued (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Across the Plains (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE