Cleanhead & Cannonball
Only 5 copies left
|You Save:||$1.50 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Etta James / Eddie "Cleanhead" Vinson ~ Blues In The Night, Volume 1: Early Show (Live) ~ $10.56
- by Champion Jack Dupree ~ Early Cuts from a Singer, Pianist and Songwriter (4-CD Box Set) ~ $24.26
- by Eddie "Cleanhead" Vinson ~ Honk For Texas (4-CD) ~ $24.26
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: August 20, 2002
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Milestone
Living Blues - 5/03, p.90"...The combinations of Vinson's jazzy blues and Adderley's bluesy jazz has stood the test of time and is a welcome addition to the digital discography of both..."
- 1.Bright Lights, Big City
- 2.This Time
- 3.Hold It! - (previously unreleased)
- 4.Arriving Soon - (TRUE instrumental)
- 5.Kidney Stew - (previously unreleased, take 3)
- 6.Back Door Blues - (previously unreleased)
- 7.Person To Person
- 8.Just A Dream
- 10.Vinsonology - (take 2, TRUE instrumental)
- 11.Cannonizing - (previously unreleased, TRUE instrumental)
- 12.Bernice's Bounce - (previously unreleased)
/The Cannonball Adderley Quintet.
Personnel: Eddie "Cleanhead" Vinson (vocals, alto saxophone); Julian "Cannonball" Adderley (alto saxophone); Nat Adderley (cornet); Joe Zawinul (piano); Sam Jones (bass); Louis Hayes (drums).
Recorded at Ter-Mar, Chicago, Illinois and Bell Sound Studios, New York,
New York between September 19, 1961 & February 14, 1962. Includes liner notes by Orrin Keepnews.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Personnel: Eddie "Cleanhead" Vinson (vocals, alto saxophone); Cannonball Adderley (alto saxophone); Nat Adderley (cornet); Joe Zawinul (piano); Louis Hayes (drums).
Audio Remasterer: Joe Tarantino.
Liner Note Author: Orrin Keepnews.
Recording information: Bell Sound Studios, New York, NY (09/19/1961/02/14/1962); Ter-Mar Studios, Chicago, IL (09/19/1961/02/14/1962).
Photographer: Steve Schapiro.
During these two sessions, Eddie "Cleanhead" Vinson was joined by the Cannonball Adderley Quintet. Five of the ten selections here were previously unissued. On Vinson's vocal numbers, he is backed by altoist Cannonball Adderley, cornetist Nat Adderley, pianist Joe Zawinul, bassist Sam Jones, and drummer Louis Hayes. Unfortunately, on the instrumentals and the one vocal tune on which he also plays ("Kidney Stew"), Vinson is the only altoist, as Cannonball sits out. Despite these missed opportunities, the music on this release is quite worthy, with Cleanhead in top form on such numbers as "Person to Person" and "Just a Dream." ~ Scott Yanow
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 8 ratings.
Based on 8 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD)(14)
99¢ on SALE