- Released: September 28, 1992
- Label: Milestone
- 1.Estreito De Taruma
- 2.Quanto Vale Um Samba :: What Price Samba
- 3.Chao De Terra :: Country Road
- 4.Concede-Me Esta Danca? :: May I Have This Dance?
- 5.Nada Sera Como Antes :: Nothing Will Be As It Was
- 6.Last Summer In Rio
- 7.The A Casa Em Que Vivi :: House I Lived In / Prelude
Azymuth: Jose Roberto Bertrami, Alex Malheiros, Ivan Conti.
Additional personnel: Helio Delmiro, Doto, Aleuda, Cidinho.
Recorded in September 1981.
A mixed bag that has more strengths than weaknesses, Telecommunication demonstrates Azymuth's ability to occasionally get into trouble when resorting to hi-tech gimmickry for its own sake, but also illustrates how rewarding the Brazilian trio can be. With its vocoder-ish hijinks, the funk-influenced "May I Have This Dance" is a dated and corny bit of silliness unworthy of Azymuth. But there's also much to admire on this CD, including the haunting "The House I Lived In," the sensuous "Country Road," and the sentimental "Last Summer in Rio." Though keyboardist/pianist Jos? Roberto Bertrami and bassist/guitarist Alex Malheiros do not always stretch out enough, the results are quite appealing when they do. ~ Alex Henderson