Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde (Silent)
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$5.95 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
- Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde - 11" x 17" Poster ~ $7.98
- Marvel Cinematic Universe - The Incredible Hulk (Widescreen) ~ $9.80
- Nosferatu (Nosferatu, eine Symphonie des Grauens) (Silent) ~ $15.20
- TCM Greatest Classic Films Collection - Horror (Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde / Freaks / The Haunting /... ~ $12.98
More products that might interest you:
Available in a set:
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 36 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: August 27, 2002
- Originally Released: 1920
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Performer:||Martha Mansfield, Louis Wolheim, Charles Lane, Nita Naldi & Brandon Hurst|
|Directed by||John S. Robertson|
|Screenplay by||Clara S. Beranger|
|Original story by||Robert Louis Stevenson|
|Composition by||Gaylord Carter|
|Cinematography by||Roy Overbaugh|
Description by OLDIES.com:
- All other versions of this classic tale spell the doctor's name as Jekyll, not Jeckyll.
- A silent film.
- The Kino videocassette features an 84-minute version of the 1920 "Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde;" 10 minutes from the 1911 version, starring James Cruze; and 6 minutes from Louis B. Mayer's 1920 version starring Sheldon Lewis. It also features an organ score by Gaylord Carter.
- Additional cast: J. Malcolm Dunn (John Utterson) and Cecil Clovelly (Edward Enfield).
- Additional credits: Robert M. Haas (architecture) and Charles O. Seessel (decorations).
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 41 ratings.
This DVD was first offered in 2002. I am amazed that no one has seen fit to comment on this movie since. The initial transformation from Jekyll to Hyde is astounding, especially given our present-day addiction to special effects in our movies. John Barrymore's on-camera transformation to Hyde is alone worth more than the price of the DVD. Such acting talent is no longer required.
Even more amusing is what occurs in the initial transformation back to Jekyll. In today's world, such a mistake would have warranted a do-over. I won't tell you what the mistake was; you'll have to see it for yourself.
I don't listen to silent movie soundtracks. I listen to music of my own choosing. For this movie, anything by Tool fits well. Early Metallica music fits well too.
- Sales Rank: 12,234
- UPC: 089218403896
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
2Pac Tupac - Live at the House of Blues (Blu-ray) ~
$15.96 Super Savings
50 Cent Behind-the-Scenes Footage and Music Videos (DVD) ~
$2.98 Super Savings
50 Cent Refuse 2 Die: The Unauthorized Biography (DVD) ~
$4.98 Super Savings
50 Cent Shoot First (DVD) ~
$4.98 Super Savings
The 5th Dimension 5th Dimension - Travelling Sunshine Show (DVD) ~
$14.11 Super Savings