East Side Kids Bowery Blitzkrieg
A classic East Side Kids' comedy. Leo Gorcey, Huntz Hall and the gang try to save Bobby Jordan's life after he is shot by gangsters.
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 Alpha DVDs for $39.90
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- East Side Kids - Bowery Blitzkrieg - 11" x 17" Poster ~ $9.98 (Save 33%)
- East Side Kids - Clancy Street Boys ~ $5.95 (Save 25%)
- East Side Kids - Flying Wild ~ $5.95 (Save 25%)
Available in a set:
- Edited By Robert Golden
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 2 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: August 27, 2002
- Originally Released: 1941
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Huntz Hall, Leo Gorcey & Bobby Jordan|
|Performer:||Eddie Foster, Warren Hull, Charlotte Henry & Keye Luke|
|Directed by||Wallace Fox|
|Screenwriting by||Carl Foreman|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Danny Breslin (Bobby Jordan) is a good kid in danger of going bad under the influence of criminal Monk Martin (Bobby Stone). Danny is disqualified from an upcoming Golden Gloves boxing championship, so his friend Muggs (Leo Gorcey) takes his place. Monk and his gambling henchmen convince the public that Muggs intends to throw the fight. The boys - "good" kid Danny and the streetwise Muggs - are pitted against each other in this timeless yarn about integrity, decency, friendship, and greed. Here, Huntz Hall makes his first of 65 consecutive appearances as an East Side Kid or Bowery Boy member. Also of note is Keye Luke (Charlie Chan's #1 son) as an Irishman named Clancy, Minerva Urecal (Monogram's resident matron of gloom) as a reform school officer, and Charlotte Henry (Bo Peep of March of the Wooden Soldiers) in her last screen appearance.
The East Side Kids series details the trials and tribulations of a group of Bowery boys in 1940s New York City who choose to enter the boxing ring rather than turn to a life of crime. In this installment of the series, Muggs McGinnis (Leo Gorcey) and his gang help a youngster in danger of getting mixed up with gangsters.
1940s | Boxers | Classic | Crime | Friends | Gangsters | Melodrama | New York City | Series | Vintage
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 14 ratings.
Based on 14 ratings.
Write an online review to share your thoughts with other customers.
Great series entry Movie Lover: Kurt Limpert from NJ -- June, 2, 2003
I am a huge fan of this series, and this is a great entry! Good blend of comedy and drama that made the early East Side Kids entries so watchable.
- Sales Rank: 6,484
- UPC: 089218403698
- Shipping Weight: 0.27/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Dramas Movie Categories:
- Wu-Tang Clan Rock the Bells (DVD) ~ $3.98 on SALE
- 11:14 (DVD) ~ $5.21 LABOR DAY
- 12 Angry Men (50th Anniversary Edition) (DVD) ~ $10.84 LABOR DAY
- The 12 Dogs of Christmas (DVD) ~ $7.17 LABOR DAY
- 15 (DVD) ~ $14.27 LABOR DAY
- 26 Men - Volumes 1-3 (3-DVD) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- $50,000 Reward (Silent) (with Bonus Short, "Then Came The Yawn") (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 7 Sins of The Vampire (2002) / Devilish Desire of Dario Dragani (2012) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 70s Grindhouse Black Exploitation: TNT Jackson (1979) / The Black Godfather (1974) / Black Cobra (1981) / Black Cobra 2 (1990) / Black Cobra 3: The Manila Connection (1990) / The Black Gestapo (1975) / The Black Six (1974) (3-DVD) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- Abilene Town (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE