Transcontinental Limited (Silent)
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 7 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: July 31, 2012
- Originally Released: 1926
- Label: Grapevine Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Johnnie Walker, Bruce Gordon, Eugenia Gilbert & Alec B. Francis|
|Directed by||Nat Ross|
|Produced by||I.E. Chadwick|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Jerry Reynolds is an aging train engineer fast approaching retirement, but his eyes are giving out even faster! Without the help of his young partner, Joe Slavin, he would have to quit early and lose his pension. Joe is happy to help because he is smitten with Jerry's daughter Mary, but when Mary's old sweetheart Johnnie Lane returns from war overseas, things get tense. Without Joe's help Jerry stands to lose both his job and pension and just before he must pay for an operation for his wife. Johnnie has promised to help, but where can he get the money?
After WWI, Johnnie Lane (Johnny Walker) returns home to find that his sweetheart, Mary Reynolds (Euginia Gilbert), is being hounded by Joe Slavin (Bruce Gordon), alcoholic fireman for the Transcontinental Limited. Slavin knows that Mary's father, the engineer (Alec B. Francis), is going blind. An operation will restore Reynolds' sight, but the surgeon insists on being paid up front -- money the Reynolds do not have. Two of Lane's army pals temporarily "borrow" the money from the train station's safe and pay the surgeon. As soon as he is done with his operation, however, they take the money back. The only problem is that they must return the money to the safe before it is found missing -- otherwise, Mary will be blamed. The car of the train they are on breaks away and goes flying down the mountain. Lane is able to stop it just as it reaches the station, where a detective is about to arrest Mary. The money is slipped back in the safe and all is well. Johnny Walker was primarily known for his work in light comedies.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking DVD-R:
- The Serpent's Tongue / The Grayhaven Maniac (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Doctor Mabuse (2013) / Doctor Mabuse: Etiopomar (2014) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Banned Cartoons: A Historical Archive of the Shameful Racial Abuses of Hollywood's Yesteryear (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Forbidden Cinema Presents: Vintage Smokers From the 1920s and 30s (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Max Fleischer's Hunky & Spunky: The Complete Collection (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE