- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 2 hours, 9 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 28, 2012
- Originally Released: 1997
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Jeff Goldblum &
Vanessa Lee Chester,
Thomas F. Duffy,
David Gene Gibbs,
J. Patrick McCormack,
Vincent Dee Miles,
J. Scott Shonka,
Domini Hoffman de Saldago,
Eugene Bass, Jr.,
C. Ransom Walrod,
Darryl A. Imai,
David St. James,
Michael N. Fujimoto,
Bradley Jensen &
Gerald R. Molen &
Director of Photography:
USA Today - 05/23/1997
"...Dino-mighty effects. These are inconceivably great..."
Entertainment Weekly - 05/30/1997
"...Spielberg gives us many, many dinosaurs...and he choreographs their movements with a magician's sense of play....Good fun: deft, scary, engrossing..."
New York Times - 05/23/1997
Chicago Sun-Times - 05/23/1997
"...Spielberg lets his visual wit fly....Enjoyable..."
THE LOST WORLD: JURASSIC PARK is director Steven Spielberg's sequel to his original dinosaur thriller. Dr. Ian Malcolm (Jeff Goldblum) returns for more dino-horror when, four years after the disaster at the would-be amusement park, another expedition is mounted by millionaire John Hammond (Richard Attenborough). To document the natural behavior of the beasts at a mysterious Site B, Hammond sends a team comprising Malcolm; Malcolm's girlfriend, paleontologist Dr. Sarah Harding (Julianne Moore); and a wildlife videographer (Vince Vaughn). They face adversity in the form of a less-than-scrupulous big-game hunter (Pete Postlethwaite) and, of course, the terrible lizards themselves. The film is loosely based on Michael Crichton's novel THE LOST WORLD, which was named after the 1912 Sir Arthur Conan Doyle novel of the same name. Spielberg proved his determination to alternate making socially conscious films with directing movies of sheer entertainment value; his prior film to THE LOST WORLD was SCHINDLER'S LIST, and he followed the dinosaur adventure with AMISTAD.
- Theatrical Release: May 23, 1997
- The film was shot in California, Hawaii, and New York.
- Estimated budget: $73 million.
- The film grossed nearly $230 million at the domestic box office and more than $615 million worldwide.
- A few scenes were cut from THE LOST WORLD: JURASSIC PARK, including an ending shot of Pteranodons attacking the rescue helicopter.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 350 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to
write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 78,355
- UPC: 025192148682
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item