|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 Alpha DVDs for $39.90
- Giant Gila Monster ~ $5.95 (Save 25%)
- Killer Shrews - 11" x 17" Poster ~ $9.98 (Save 33%)
- Midnite Movies Double Feature: Monster that Challenged the World / IT! The Terror from Beyond Space ~ $6.95
More products that might interest you:
- Classic Horror Collection: 20 Full Color Vintage Movie Postcards ~ $5.98 (Save 60%)
Available in a set:
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 9 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: August 27, 2002
- Originally Released: 1959
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Performer:||Ingrid Goude & Ken Curtis|
|Directed by||Ray Kellogg|
|Screenplay by||Jay Simms|
|Produced by||Ken Curtis|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 82 ratings.
Ken Curtis, of Gunsmoke fame is a key player in this crummy movie. Poor, exaggerated acting, coupled with a bad script and weak editing, make it not good technically. It is still entertaining though, as Curtis, who also is producer of this film, is a cowardly dog.
attack of the killer shrews Ahhh!
estupido! do your self a favor and hit the fast forward button until you see the characters getting in a bucket. listen to my words potential buyer or browser, buy a japanese monster movie or king kong or somthin'
This film dares to walk the fine line between suspensful and boring. Unfortunately, within the first ten minutes it trips and falls face-first into boring.
For the first fourty-five minutes we have a single scene location filled with the thrills of watching characters ingest enough alcohol to kill a full-grown bison and listening to the scientist with the nearly incomprehensible accent reiterate little tidbits about shrews that he and/or the narrator already went over.
I finished this movie hours ago and I still can't decide whether the escape plan with barrels was funny or just plain stupid.
I live on the only island in Texas. It is not small, it is in fact huge. The opening scene of the isalnd could not have been made here-okay that having been said the rest is pure South Texas Terrirtory. The monster shrews (a shrew is teeninieiest little mouse critter with rapier sharp teeth) are played by dogs. Dogs with yard strewn over their bodies and vinyl covered tails. There had to be some dental work done on these belagured creatures to simulate shrew teeth. No wonder the poor varmits attacked! This was all done prior to the cruelty in motion picture laws so we can't complain-or maybe we could. But that's not the point. The first half is worth skipping through is you get the notion. Go to chapter two and start there thats the part with the gnarlynest in it. I found the means of escape the most intriguing. The heros build a walking tank out of old oil drums to march 150 feet to the dock. They stop and rest a few times and eventualy escape with thier lives. Sorry if that spoiled it.
This is easily the best film ever made on the subject of giant killer shrews. OK, this is a very low budget film and is both derided and beloved for putting dogs in shrew suits (personally I think the shrews look very, very cool indeed) but it is also quite gripping and suspenseful, especially when it really starts moving in the second half. The narrated introduction looks a bit soft and worn but the print improves tremendously by the opening titles. In fact this is one of the best-looking Alpha DVDs I’ve seen. I recommend it highly!
- Sales Rank: 10,211
- UPC: 089218402790
- Shipping Weight: 0.27/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- 26 Men - Volumes 1-3 (3-DVD) (DVD-R) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- $50,000 Reward (Silent) (with Bonus Short, "Then Came The Yawn") (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 7 Sins of The Vampire (2002) / Devilish Desire of Dario Dragani (2012) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 70s Grindhouse Black Exploitation: TNT Jackson (1979) / The Black Godfather (1974) / Black Cobra (1981) / Black Cobra 2 (1990) / Black Cobra 3: The Manila Connection (1990) / The Black Gestapo (1975) / The Black Six (1974) (3-DVD) (DVD-R) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- Abilene Town (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
Alpha Video Labels:
- Ace of Clubs (1925) / Another Man's Boots (1922) (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces and Eights (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces Wild / Wild Mustang (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Art Acord Double Feature: Fighters of the Saddle (Silent) / Pursued (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Across the Plains (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
© 2017 OLDIES.com and its affiliates and partner companies. All rights reserved.