Apocalypse Now: The Complete Dossier (Special Collector's Edition) (Widescreen) (2-DVD)
|You Save:||$2 (10% Off)|
- Exclusive Featurettes
- Lost "Monkey Sampan" Scene
- 12 Never-Before-Seen Segments from the Cutting Room Floor Apocalypse Then and Now
- Outtake: Marlon Brando's complete reading of T.S. Eliot's poem "The Hollow Men"
- Cast Members' Reunion
- Subtitles: English & Spanish
- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 5 hours, 55 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 15, 2006
- Originally Released: 1979
- Label: Paramount
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Subtitles - English, Spanish
- Additonal Footage - "Monkey Sampan"
- Audio Commentary - Francis Ford Coppola - Director
- Featurettes - "Apocalypse Then and Now"
- - "PBR Streetgang"
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Martin Sheen, Marlon Brando, Robert Duvall & Dennis Hopper|
|Performer:||Sam Bottoms, Laurence Fishburne, Albert Hall & Frederic Forrest|
|Directed by||Francis Ford Coppola|
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
Description by OLDIES.com:
Apocalypse Now (1979): Francis Ford Coppola's stunning vision of man's "heart of darkness" is revealed through the madness of the Vietnam War. Starring Martin Sheen as Army Lieutenant Willard, who is sent on a dangerous and mesmerizing odyssey into Cambodia to assassinate a renegade American Colonel named Kurtz (Marlon Brando), who has succumbed to the horrors of war and barricaded himself in a remote outpost. One of the most powerful films of all time, Apocalypse Now was nominated for eight Academy Awards and won two for Best Sound and Best Cinematography.
Apocalypse Now Redux (2001): The definitive version of Francis Ford Coppola's stunning vision, re-edited and remastered with 49 minutes of additional footage.
This collection presents both the 1979 original and the 2001 restored and updated version, with 49 minutes of never-before-seen footage, a Technicolor enhancement, and a six-channel soundtrack.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 1293 ratings.