- Audio Commentary by Adam West and Burt Ward
- Tour Of The Batmobile
- All-New Batman Featurette
- Still Gallery
- Theatrical Trailer & Teaser
- Languages: English & French
- Subtitles: English & Spanish
- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 50 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 21, 2001
- Originally Released: 1966
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital Stereo 2.0 - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary: Adam West - Star, Burt Ward - Star
- "Inside the Batmobile"
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spots
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Access
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb."
Description by OLDIES.com:
When Batman (Adam West) and Robin (Burt Ward) get a tip that Commodore Schmidlapp (Reginald Denny) is in danger aboard his yacht, they launch a rescue mission. But, the tip is a set-up by four of the most powerful villains ever, who seek to defeat the Dynamic Duo once and for all!
Armed with a dehydrator that can turn humans into dust, the fearsome foursome intends to take over the world! Can the Caped Crusaders use their high-flying heroism and groovy gadgetry to declaw Catwoman (Lee Meriwether), ice the Penguin (Burgess Meredith), upstage the Joker (Cesar Romero), and stump the Riddler (Frank Gorshin) in time?
This full-length Batman movie was unleashed during the height of the television show's popularity in 1966, taking America to dizzying levels of superhero camp it had never before experienced. In stark contrast with the many dark and gritty incarnations of Batman, the film features all four of the famous crime fighter's most dastardly and cunning adversaries--the Penguin, the Joker, the Riddler, and Catwoman--joining forces to take over the world thanks to a De-Hydrator that turns people into piles of dust. The Caped Crusader and his trusty sidekick Robin pull out all the stops to thwart the bad guys, even if it means a BIFF! or a KA-POW! Before Keaton, before Bale, Adam West was...Batman.
Kaaapowie! Holy feature film, Batman... one based on the tongue-in-cheek, campy 1960's television series. Watch Batman and Robin battle sharks, Catwoman, The Joker and The Riddler on the big screen. Can they try to prevent the bad guys from taking over the world' With a "wham!" and a "pow!" and a "zip!"... our heroes just might win.
Comic Book |
- Rated BBFC U by the British Board of Film Classification.
- Cinematographer: Howard Schwartz