Cheryl Bentyne Let's Misbehave: The Cole Porter Songbook
12 copies available
|You Save:||$1.60 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: August 14, 2012
- Originally Released: 2012
- Label: Summit Records
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Love for Sale
- $0.99 on iTunes2.It's Alright with Me
- $0.99 on iTunes3.My Heart Belongs to Daddy
- $0.99 on iTunes4.I Love Paris
- $0.99 on iTunes5.You'd Be So Nice to Come Home To
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Night and Day
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Just One of Those Things
- $0.99 on iTunes8.What Is This Thing Called Love
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Begin the Beguine
- $0.99 on iTunes10.All of You
- $0.99 on iTunes11.I Concentrate On You
- $0.99 on iTunes12.It's Delovely
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye
- $0.99 on iTunes14.Let's Misbehave
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Cheryl Bentyne (vocals); Tom McCauley (guitar, acoustic guitar, mandola, drums, percussion); Octavio Bailey (guitar, acoustic guitar); Larry Koonse (guitar); Corey Allen (banjo, piano, keyboards); Doug Webb (clarinet, saxophone); James Moody (saxophone); Chris Tedesco (trumpet); Kevin Axt (tuba); Dave Tull (drums, percussion).
Audio Mixer: Tom McCauley.
Recording information: B2 Studios, Valley Village, CA.
Photographer: Zo‰ Allen.
Cheryl Bentyne has maintained an active solo career in addition to her work with the Manhattan Transfer. Let's Misbehave is a fresh look at the Cole Porter songbook, featuring a baker's dozen of his best-known compositions, and showcasing a terrific band including pianist/organist Corey Allen, guitarist Larry Koonse, saxophonist/clarinetist Doug Webb, and bassist Kevin Axt (a member of Tierney Sutton's band), among others. Bentyne's sassy take of "Love for Sale" is buoyed by the piano/organ backdrop and Webb's soulful tenor. She devours the playful, hip Cuban setting of "My Heart Belongs to Daddy," while her interpretation of "I Love Paris" is pure magic. Her vocal gifts can especially be appreciated in "Begin the Beguine," with drummer Dave Tull as her sole accompanist. The late James Moody is a special guest on tenor sax for the breezy setting of "What Is This Thing Called Love" and the haunting, deliberate "Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye," the latter of which Bentyne sings the words as if she's lived them. Let's Misbehave is clearly one Cheryl Bentyne's best recordings. ~ Ken Dryden
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
How Hi The Fi (featuring Woody Herman) / Jumpin' At The... (CD) TOP 100 Bestseller
99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists WDAS 105.3FM - Classic Soul Hits, Volume 1 (2-CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WDAS 105.3FM - Classic Soul Hits, Volume 4 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Danny & The Juniors Greatest Hits (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- The Original Gospel Harmonettes Camp Meeting / Soul of The Gospel Harmonettes (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE