Knute Rockne: All American
Warner Bros. DVD Clearance Sale (series)
|You Save:||$2 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- Bonus Oscar-winning historical short Teddy, The Rough Rider
- Classic cartoon Porky's Baseball Broadcast
- Audio-Only Bonus: Radio show with O'Brien and Reagan
- Theatrical Trailer
- Subtitles: English, French and Spanish
- Rated: Not Rated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 38 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: August 15, 2006
- Originally Released: 1940
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Mono 1.0 English
- Additional Release Material:
- Additional Audio Material: Radio Show With O'Brien and Reagan
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
- "Teddy, The Rough Rider"
- "Porky's Baseball Broadcast"
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Pat O'Brien & Ronald Reagan|
|Performer:||Gale Page, Ronald Reagan, Donald Crisp, Albert Bassermann, John Litel, Henry O'Neill & John Qualen|
|Directed by||Lloyd Bacon|
|Edited by||Ralph Dawson|
|Screenwriting by||Robert Buckner|
|Composition by||Ray Heindorf|
|Cinematography by||Tony Gaudio|
|Art Direction by||Robert M. Haas|
|Produced by||Robert Fellows|
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"Tell the boys to win one for the Gipper."
Description by OLDIES.com:
"I've decided to take up coaching as my life work," Knute Rockne says. Coach he does, revolutionizing football with his strategies, winning close to 90 percent of his games, and helping establish the University of Notre Dame's Fighting Irish as a gridiron powerhouse. But victories alone do not mean success to Rockne. He wants to shape his players into responsible and honorable men. This famed sports biopic combines a passion for the game (and footage of actual Notre Dame contests) with two superb performances: Pat O'Brien in the title role and Ronald Reagan as George Gipp, the gifted but doomed halfback whose deathbed plea is "win just one for the Gipper." The line remains one of cinema's most memorable. And for the rest of his life, Reagan would often be called "the Gipper."
The stirring biography of the famous Notre Dame football coach who led the Fighting Irish to numerous victories. Note: unlike television prints of this film, this video version contains the famous "Win just one for the Gipper" quote.
- KNUTE ROCKNE - ALL AMERICAN was added to the Library of Congress National Film Registry in 1997.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 30 ratings.
Based on 30 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking DVD:
- Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up Case) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- The Golden Age of Cartoons: Attack of the 30's Characters - Cartoon Classics from All Eight Major American Animation Studios (DVD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Zombiethon (DVD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Burt Reynolds Comedy Triple Feature: Gator / Breaking In / Fuzz (2-DVD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- 3 Pack Westerns: The Way West / Escort West / Chato's Land (DVD) ~ $2.98 on SALE