- Bonus Oscar-winning historical short Teddy, The Rough Rider
- Classic cartoon Porky's Baseball Broadcast
- Audio-Only Bonus: Radio show with O'Brien and Reagan
- Theatrical Trailer
- Subtitles: English, French and Spanish
- Rated: Not Rated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 38 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: August 15, 2006
- Originally Released: 1940
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Additional Release Material:
- Additional Audio Material: Radio Show With O'Brien and Reagan
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
- "Teddy, The Rough Rider"
- "Porky's Baseball Broadcast"
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"Tell the boys to win one for the Gipper."
Description by OLDIES.com:
"I've decided to take up coaching as my life work," Knute Rockne says. Coach he does, revolutionizing football with his strategies, winning close to 90 percent of his games, and helping establish the University of Notre Dame's Fighting Irish as a gridiron powerhouse. But victories alone do not mean success to Rockne. He wants to shape his players into responsible and honorable men. This famed sports biopic combines a passion for the game (and footage of actual Notre Dame contests) with two superb performances: Pat O'Brien in the title role and Ronald Reagan as George Gipp, the gifted but doomed halfback whose deathbed plea is "win just one for the Gipper." The line remains one of cinema's most memorable. And for the rest of his life, Reagan would often be called "the Gipper."
The stirring biography of the famous Notre Dame football coach who led the Fighting Irish to numerous victories. Note: unlike television prints of this film, this video version contains the famous "Win just one for the Gipper" quote.
Campus Life |
Family (General) |
- KNUTE ROCKNE - ALL AMERICAN was added to the Library of Congress National Film Registry in 1997.