The Phantom from 10,000 Leagues
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 Alpha DVDs for $39.90
More products that might interest you:
- Rated: Unrated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 12 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: July 30, 2002
- Originally Released: 1955
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Kent Taylor, Cathy Downs & Michael Whalen|
|Performer:||Helene Stanton & Rodney Bell|
|Directed by||Dan Milner|
|Edited by||Dan Milner|
|Screenplay by||Lou Rusoff|
|Composition by||Ronald Stein|
|Produced by||Jack Milner|
|Director of Photography:||Brydon Baker|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 46 ratings.
If you're into sci-fi from the fifities, Phantom From 10,000 Leagues is quite good! It mixes a film noir intrigue with science fiction in a weird way. Nonetheless, it's entertaining and fun!
This would be a better name for the movie. There are a lot of plot holes but this was the 50s. The Phantom needed more screen time and a better explanation to it's origins. I do love these Cold War movies and this is the first with Spear Guns as the weapons of choice!
First of all, the "Freezing Horror" is very misleading. There is very little focus on the actual "phantom" and mostly on the radioactive deposit it guards and the web of deciept and murder surrounding it.
The clumsy scientific explanation is awful. I have only recently completed my sophmore year of high school, and I know very well that the ocean has no more heavy water (water with deutrium instead of standard hydrogen isotopes) than any other water source. On a side note, does anybody have any guesses as to what the "Phantom" mutated from?
Why is it that we never hear any of the "abundant rumors" of a "Phantom"? How is it from 10,000 leagues? The water it haunts is both shallow and close to shore. I feel sorry for the poor guy in the monster costume who got so little screen time, with the assortment of semi-ugly conspirators stealing the show.
I loved this movie. It is the only sea monster movie I have ever seen so I can't compare it to others but I do know that I saw a cinematic masterpiece. The characters are realistic and I thought Kent Taylor played a hero role well. The evil doctor was also someone you would have thought was sane and you wouldn't think it was him after his assistent was accused, but then he goes and takes down the phantom with himself and you know he felt guilty. Also there is a classic damsel in distress who turns out to be a sidekick for Ted (Kent Taylor). If anyone is looking for a classic Thriller/Sci-Fi for $5, this is It!
- Sales Rank: 9,139
- UPC: 089218401793
- Shipping Weight: 0.27/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- 26 Men - Volumes 1-3 (3-DVD) (DVD-R) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- $50,000 Reward (Silent) (with Bonus Short, "Then Came The Yawn") (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 7 Sins of The Vampire (2002) / Devilish Desire of Dario Dragani (2012) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 70s Grindhouse Black Exploitation: TNT Jackson (1979) / The Black Godfather (1974) / Black Cobra (1981) / Black Cobra 2 (1990) / Black Cobra 3: The Manila Connection (1990) / The Black Gestapo (1975) / The Black Six (1974) (3-DVD) (DVD-R) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- Abilene Town (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE