- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 58 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 13, 2011
- Originally Released: 1971
- Label: Imports
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
Performers, Cast and Crew:
USA Today - 07/02/1998
"...[The film] has lost neither its power nor its filmmaking brilliance..."
Entertainment Weekly - 03/28/2003
"...Today it's as provocative as ever..."
A quiet, peace-loving American moves with his wife to an isolated English village where he is constantly harassed. He is finally pushed into a violent confrontation in order to protect himself and his wife.
- Theatrical Release: December 29, 1971.
- The film was released in Great Britain, running 118 minutes. For its USA release, it was cut to 113 minutes.
- First feature film for actor Ken Hutchison.
- David Warner, who plays Henry Niles, was uncredited.
- Filmed on location in the west of England and at Twickenham Film Studios, Middlesex, England.
- One of the editors, Roger Spottiswoode, went on to become a screenwriter and director.
- Academy Award Nominations: Best Original Dramatic Score.