|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 Alpha DVDs for $39.90
More products that might interest you:
- Classic Horror Collection: 20 Full Color Vintage Movie Postcards ~ $9.98 (Save 33%)
Available in a set:
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 1 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: June 4, 2002
- Originally Released: 1940
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Performer:||Maris Wrixon & Henry Hall|
|Directed by||William Nigh|
|Screenplay by||Richard Carroll & Curt Siodmak|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 36 ratings.
The last film Karloff made for Monogram Films. This one has a captivating plot, and the end may surprise you.
Boris Karloff is the reason. The mad doctor kept me watching almost (not quite)on the edge of my seat. I kept wondering, "what in the world is he up too?" Nice movie to watch when you are in the mood for an old black and white Boris Karloff movie and popcorn.
I find it hard to actually dislike anything done by Boris Karloff (don't ask me about MONSTER OF THE ISLAND therefore) and this Monogram effort has a lot of good intentions. It ultimately succeeds because Boris is the star.
Dr. Adrian (Boris) lost his wife to polio and is now fanatically devoted to finding a cure so he can help a local girl (Maris Wrixon) who is also afflicted. The small town he lives in think he is a little too wierd and everyone avoids him.
One night a wild gorilla escapes from a travelling circus and bursts into Adrian's home. He valiantly kills the beast but insists his housekeeper not tell anyone the ape is dead. Why?
Not too much later the ape goes prowling the streets at night and soon people are turning up dead. Strangely enough all the victims are the "bad" people of the town, a banker who foreclosed on a poverty stricken rancher, a drunk, an abusive husband and so forth. Dr. Adrian soon has all the spinal fluid he needs; but what about the ape? You thought it was dead, right? Did he bring it back to life? And just how did a jungle animal acquire a conscience?
The revelation at the end may or may not surprise you.
Boris also made the "Mr. Wong" series for Monogram in the 40's. They are fun too but this one is exceptionally crazy fun.
- Sales Rank: 5,992
- UPC: 089218400796
- Shipping Weight: 0.27/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- 26 Men - Volumes 1-3 (3-DVD) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- $50,000 Reward (Silent) (with Bonus Short, "Then Came The Yawn") (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 7 Sins of The Vampire (2002) / Devilish Desire of Dario Dragani (2012) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 70s Grindhouse Black Exploitation: TNT Jackson (1979) / The Black Godfather (1974) / Black Cobra (1981) / Black Cobra 2 (1990) / Black Cobra 3: The Manila Connection (1990) / The Black Gestapo (1975) / The Black Six (1974) (3-DVD) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- Abilene Town (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
Alpha Video Labels:
- Ace of Clubs (1925) / Another Man's Boots (1922) (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces and Eights (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces Wild / Wild Mustang (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Art Acord Double Feature: Fighters of the Saddle (Silent) / Pursued (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Across the Plains (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE