Tucker: The Man and His Dream (Widescreen)
- Tucker: The Man And The Car 1948 Promo Film
Under The Hood: Making Tucker
- Commentary by Director Francis Ford Coppola
- Scene Selection
- THX Certified
- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 50 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 24, 2000
- Originally Released: 1988
- Label: Paramount
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Dual Layer
- Collectors Edition
- Special Edition
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 2.35
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 2.35
- Dolby Digital 5.1
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary: Francis Ford Coppola - Director
- Making of
- TUCKER: THE MAN AND THE CAR
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Jeff Bridges, Martin Landau & Dean Stockwell|
|Performer:||Christian Slater, Mako, Frederic Forrest, Joan Allen, Nina Siemaszko, Dean Stockwell & Martin Landau|
|Directed by||Francis Ford Coppola|
"...TUCKER is the best thing [Coppola] has done in years....Bridges is just the right actor for the title role..."
"...A dazzling show....Stylistically, the film is a dream..."
"...Vittorio Storaro's cinematography makes every shot look like a Rolls-Royce showroom..."
Description by OLDIES.com:
In a dazzling portrayal by Jeff Bridges, Tucker is a dynamic engineer and an enthusiastic showman who envisions the car of the future. Against mighty odds he manages to build a fleet of them - only to have his factory shut down by Detroit's Big Three automobile manufacturers. They took away his car - but nobody could take away his dream.
- Theatrical release: August 12, 1988.
- The film is dedicated to Coppola's son Gio, who died two years earlier.
- Coppola's father was an original investor in Tucker stock--he lost every penny.
- "If Benjamin Franklin were alive today, he'd be arrested for flying a kite without a license."--Preston Tucker (Jeff Bridges)
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 91 ratings.
© 2016 OLDIES.com and its affiliates and partner companies. All rights reserved.