Jon Brion ParaNorman [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack]
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$12.66 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.32 (15% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Soundtrack ~ 9 [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] ~ $19.51
- by Bruno Coulais ~ Coraline [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] ~ $16.18
- by George S. Clinton ~ Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay [Original Motion Picture Score] ~ $17.08
- by Henry Jackman ~ Wreck-It Ralph [Original Score] ~ $11.33
- Released: August 14, 2012
- Label: Relativity Music Grp
- 1.Zombie Attack in the Eighties
- 2.Norman at the Piano / Main Title
- 3.Norman's Walk
- 4.Alvin Attacks
- 5.Enter Neil / Mr P/Ghost Walk / Ghost Dog
- 6.Goodbye Mr P/Historic Drama / Grounded / Heavy Visitation
- 7.Alvin Again / Scary Bedroom
- 8.Norman Tries to Keep It Cool/ Grandma's Got Your Back
- 9.Moth Rock
- 10.The Dead Shall Be Raised
- 11.Zombies Attack
- 12.People Attack
- 13.Are We There Yet?
- 14.Aggie Fights
- 16.Oh, and One More Thing
Audio Mixer: Greg Koller.
Recording information: Abbey Road Studios, London.
Arranger: Kevin Kaska.
Quirky composer, producer, and multi-instrumentalist Jon Brion makes his animated film score debut with the LAIKA creature feature ParaNorman. Though the pairing may initially seem odd, looking back at some of Brion's live action movie music -- P.T. Anderson's Punch-Drunk Love, Michel Gondry's Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Charlie Kaufmann's Synecdoche, New York -- reveals surrealist leanings that paint the picture. In fact, before Brion wrote a single note for ParaNorman, directors Chris Butler and Sam Fell listened to the Eternal Sunshine soundtrack while editing scenes, helping to build the film's atmosphere of offbeat fun and darkly beautiful fantasy. As preteen misfit Norman grapples with school bullies and tries to save his town from a witch's centuries-old curse, Brion is on hand to elevate all of the action, from Goblin-esque eerie synth lines ("Zombie Attack in the Eighties," "Zombies Attack"), paranoid, lurching percussion ("Aggie Fights"), and monster movie majesty ("Goodbye Mr P/Historic Drama/Grounded/Heavy Visitation"), to gentle Tin Pan Alley melodies (main theme "Norman at the Piano") and pastoral Laurel Canyon pop ("Norman's Walk"). Some of ParaNorman's less stylized moments, like "Moth Rock," recall Danny Elfman's work with Tim Burton (Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands, Corpse Bride), but all in all it's a Frankenstein's monster-like mish-mash of kid-friendly chills and silly camp, synthesized through Brion's high-concept eccentricity.
Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron (Music from the Original... (CD)(171)
$9.72 Super Savings
Alvin and the Chipmunks [Original Soundtrack] (CD)(80)
$5.51 Super Savings
Me and You and Everyone We Know [Original Score] (CD)(8)
$12.87 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 5 ratings.
Based on 5 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD)(2)
$2.98 on SALE